30 hours/week. 09:00 to 15:00 Monday to Friday.
Role purpose & objectives
The objective of this role is:
To ensure efficient and effective logistics, facilities and people management support to maintain department functionality.
Key role responsibilities
This role is specifically responsible/accountable for the following duties:
- Responsible for the proactive planning of staff, vehicles and resources to affect required planned works in collaboration with Service, Technical, H&S and Support Teams, and to communicate these plans with internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Responsible for ensuring that all new and existing O&M vehicles are maintained as available and fit for purpose, working closely with the Wind Engineer Team Leaders and H&S supervisor, through the coordination of new equipment installations, tool replacements, corporate branding application, MOT and servicing arrangements and damage repair resolution under insurance.
- Responsible for the management of spare van keys, fuel and breakdown card details/renewals as directed by the Office Supervisor.
Responsible for supporting the Office Supervisor with:
- Checking that van usage outside of core working hours and journeys not associated with programmed works is escalated to the O&M Manager, using the tracker system portal and reports.
- Responsible for reviewing and recording planned training courses for the wind turbine technical teams and communicating the planned dates to applicable attendees.
- Responsible for assisting in coordinating and recording planned internal and external training courses for the wider O&M department as required by other department teams.
- Responsible for the coordination and booking of accommodation and travel arrangements for future planned maintenance or fault related works as required.
- Responsible for assisting the Administration Team in the coordination and booking of daily and ad-hoc accommodation and travel arrangements for the wider O&M department as required.
IT Equipment Management
- Responsible for ensuring that the IT, printing and telecoms equipment issued to the O&M technical and Support Teams is registered, managed, maintained and replaced, as required in collaboration with the central IT department.
- Responsible for supporting the Office Supervisor with:
- Ensuring all absences are recorded correctly and notified to the People Team.
- Logging and managing all TOIL for department staff in an accurate and fair manner, as per department policy.
- Coordination of induction presentations and the onboarding of new department staff members and the exit process of those leaving the business, ensuring that all necessary equipment and information is issued or recovered, as per the O&M department and People Team policies and processes.
- Responsible for engaging positively with respect to continuous improvements initiatives relating to optimisation of department efficiency, operational cost and staff morale.
- Responsible for supporting the all technical teams, either remotely or locally, as required.
- Responsible for ensuring that all documentation relating to the administration of the O&M department is fit for purpose, current, completed correctly and readily available as required by department policies.
Responsible for supporting the Office Supervisor with:
- Ensuring that all completed documentation and records are organised and stored in an efficient manner that would satisfy and external audit (i.e. ISO9000 or ISO14001 audit).
- Ensuring that all AWP and ROP documentation is accounted for and filed in the correct manner as per department policy and a report on any missing documents is provided to the H&S Team and O&M Manager.
- Ensuring relevant information is stored for all staff, contractors and third parties in the correct areas in line with GDPR guidelines.
- Responsible for communicating completed and adjusted routine planning information to departmental teams as required.
- Responsible for ensuring site attendance information is distributed to required site owners to ensure a smooth access process is affected.
- Responsible for communicating staff on call over weekend duties with internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Responsible for routinely reviewing internal and external contact information records, updating these with applicable changes and communicating updates to relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible for liaising with suppliers and service providers of internal or external training requirements.
- Responsible for participating in and providing input to regular department meetings, and taking detailed notes related to these and communicating to relevant stakeholders as required.
- Responsible for ensuring a comprehensive handover process is undertaken when providing cover for other team members for extended absence such as leave, sickness or secondment.
- Responsible for treating all sensitive HR or administration information discretely and maintaining confidentiality.
- Responsible for ensuring any changes to procedures or policies are understood and communicated to the wider department as required.
- Accountable for ensuring that the service engineering teams do not misuse company property and positively represents the Ecotricity ethos, brand and reputation (through both personal behaviour and presentation) when in the office, on site or in transit and raising any indiscretions to line management, as appropriate.
- Responsible for representing the Service Team or individuals in scheduled meetings and workshops with respect to planning, training, vehicle management and continuous improvement topics, as appropriate.
- Responsible for assisting in carrying out audits on office welfare areas and service vehicle standards as planned and directed by Service or Office Supervisors.
- Responsible for supporting the Office Supervisor with any general administration tasks as required and requested if time allows.
- Adoption of any other additional affiliated responsibilities that the O&M Manager might reasonably request as the role develops.
The following specific behaviours are expected for this role:
- Expected to be a strong team player who can set an example to demonstrate the standards of responsibility and behaviour required from the O&M department, as outlined in the job definitions.
- Always presenting oneself as approachable and supportive, willing to listen to understand and back initiatives which optimise the efficiency/effectiveness of the O&M organisation, the H&S and the engagement/morale of the wider team.
- Expected to consistently demonstrate an organised, efficient and comprehensive approach to planning delivery and logistics support.
- Able to engage the O&M department by demonstrating personal commitment, energy and enthusiasm, believing in the purpose of the work and making the team’s compliance experience as accessible as possible.
- Expected to be able to articulately communicate with both staff and management in a positive, constructive, reasonable and professional manner, even when under pressure.
- Able to convey varied and complex information in an accessible and memorable fashion using appropriate mediums to target a range of recipients.
- issues faced such that the most efficient solutions are identified that effectively satisfy the needs of the most affected parties and departmental KPI targets are met.
- Collectively communicate constructively (i.e. insightfully balanced), considerately (i.e. empathic), professionally (i.e. polite and controlled) and clearly (i.e. without confusion) such that all exchanges result in the efficient transfer of information and instruction to effectively facilitate the smooth operation of the department.
- Collectively feel satisfied with (i.e. content with the status quo), responsible for (i.e. ownership) and proud of (i.e. emotionally connected) the O&M department’s culture, working environment and achievements such that staff morale and engagement are maintained at a highly productive level.
Essential skills & experience
The following entry level skills & experience are essential for the role:
- At least 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above (including Mathematics & English).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and other commonly used office packages
- Strong communication skills and diplomacy particularly verbal communication and at all levels.
- Good time management & personal organisational skills.
- Ability to carry out work to a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to produce accurate and comprehensive reports on all preventative and corrective maintenance tasks attended.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines without compromising safety or quality.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise workload effectively.
Desirable skills & experience
The following additional skills & experience are also beneficial for the role:
- Familiarisation with HR, employment and data protection legislative areas.
- Fire awareness training.
- First aid at work qualification.
- Manual handling training.
- Experience in a data analysis field, preferably financial based. Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Power BI.
- IOSH working safely.
- Acquisition of any other additional desirable skills and experience that the O&M Manager might reasonably expect as the role develops.
Ecotricity is the greenest energy company in Britain. In fact, when we started back in 1995, we were the first green electricity company in the world.
Our mission was and remains to change the way energy is made and used – after introducing green electricity to the world, we introduced green gas to Britain in 2010 too.
Our model is unique: we use our customers’ energy bills to fund the building of new sources of green energy. We like to refer to this as turning ‘bills into mills’ – energy bills into energy mills, whether that’s wind, sun, sea or gas mills.
We’ve built over seventy wind and sun parks across Britain, we’re planning to build Britain’s first ever Green Gas mills, and through Britwind, our small wind company, we design, build and deliver small wind turbines to landowners and businesses throughout Britain and the world!
We don’t just focus on energy though – we built and run the Electric Highway, Britain’s leading network of electric car charge points, we helped Forest Green Rovers become the greenest football club in the world, and launched Britain’s greenest mobile phone service, Ecotalk.