The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure.
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
You will be a member of the Energy Solutions SHE and Assurance teams. Energy Solutions are a part of the OVO family and assist the business in meeting their Energy Company Obligation (ECO), as well as other Energy Efficiency funding initiatives. We achieve this by fitting Energy Efficiency measures such as insulation, renewables and new heating systems to domestic properties across the UK. The SHE and Assurance teams are an integral part of the business by ensuring consistent site safety for our Customers and Third Parties, compliance to regulatory/legislative requirements and adherence to business objectives.
What will I be doing?
Reporting into the SHE Manager, you will also have a direct line of communication to the Business Assurance Manager.
In this role, you will be responsible for the coordination and support of the Safety Management System (SMS) and Quality Management System (QMS) including auditing/monitoring, document writing and control, supporting SHE investigations and supporting the SHE/Assurance Teams in the delivery of project objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing and reviewing documentation to support the business in maintaining up to date procedures to demonstrate control of processes.
- Monitor adherence to procedures through regular checks on business practices. Support the business in maintaining records relating to Risk and SHE controls.
- Support the business in maintaining the SMS/QMS and external certifications to a high standard.
- Assist the business in auditing and audit action management/reporting
- Aid the investigation, coordination and reporting of SHE incidents and hazards
- Assist the business in the achievement of business objectives and strategy planning
Is this the job for me?
We are looking for someone who holds brilliant stakeholder management and is able to work well with business Managers in potentially challenging circumstances.
Ideally you will have:
- Knowledge and understanding of SMS/QMS Standards (SSIPs, ISO 9001 and CDM Regulations)
- Knowledge and experience of legislative and regulatory integration/management
- Experience in document writing and control
- Experience in quality monitoring and auditing (internal auditing qualification/training)
- Experience in a Safety and QMS coordination environment
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.