Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products globally with annual sales turnover in excess of $250 million across 17 territories.
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Factory General Manager, the job holder is responsible for the implementation of Health, Safety, Security & Environmental Policies including the overall Quorn SHE Policy. The role will provide clear leadership for the development of legally compliant SHE systems, drive a culture of continuous SHE improvement and help ensure a safe work environment for employees, contractors and visitors to the Methwold site, with an ambition of zero harm to people and the environment.
Location: Methwold Department: SHE Department Contract: Permanent Hours of work: 08.30 – 17.00 Monday – Friday
Key tasks & accountabilities of the role include:
- Develop (with site leadership and the Group Head of SHE) and deliver the Business Strategy, setting KPIs and monitoring performance.
- Work with the Site Leadership Team to create a strong behavioural safety culture where SHE issues are reported, investigated and addressed and employees are actively supported and encouraged to improve SHE.
- Ensure Accidents and Near Misses are investigated to root cause proactively, ensure timely completion of corrective actions plans with managers. Ensure that risk assessments are completed, actioned and are live and relevant.
- Co-ordinate SHE on site by proactive input to meetings, review and advice on SHE issues arising and driving closure of non-conformances.
- Participate in safety audits, ensuring non-conformances are documented and manage action plans with the site leadership team.
- Administer insurance claims, providing accurate & timely data for submission to insurers and legal departments.
- Guide and advise the management team to maintain statutory compliance and continued safety performance in line with site health, safety & environmental KPI’s.
- Assist and progress issues with regulatory authorities and insurers on key matters, including Fire Risk Assessments and Certification, RIDDOR reporting, Emergency Planning.
Essential/Desirable skills should include:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
- Strong level of experience in food manufacturing environments or similar FMCG environment.
- Experience of driving a CI improvement SHE culture approach, including ability to drive change through leadership and safe behavioural programmes.
- Environmental Qualification e.g. IEMA Certificate or equivalent.
- MIOSH or Registered Safety Practitioner.
- Strong awareness of key risk categories including COSHH, Ergonomics, Statutory inspection requirements.
- Food Hygiene Qualification.