To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.
Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers’ feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
Spin is growing quickly internationally and is looking for top-tier talent in the United Kingdom to help us bring safe, affordable, and accessible transportation options to the UK.
As an Operations Shift Lead you’ll be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of Spin’s Operations Team in order to help drive performance in your area. From coordinating shift schedules to monitoring operational performance, you’ll make sure that the team is well-equipped and motivated to deliver a reliable and efficient service whilst ensuring that all rules, regulations, policies and procedures are being adhered to. Reporting into the Operations Lead for your market, you’ll love solving problems, thinking critically, and achieving the highest levels of performance.
- Coordinating the shift schedules for the Operations team
- Monitoring operational performance through the tracking of KPIs
- Delegating customer service requests and similar reactive tasks in order to meet operational objectives
- Problem solving to help identify improvement opportunities and overcome operational issues
- Training operational staff in order to better carry out their duties
- Ensuring that all Health and Safety policies and procedures are updated, communicated and adhered to within your area
- Driving and loading/unloading e-scooters at the Spin warehouse or around the local area
- You have experience in coordinating a sizeable team to achieve operational targets in a fast-paced environment
- You are a strong communicator, both with your operational team and with management
- You have excellent problem solving skills and demonstrate a proactive attitude
- You have a proven ability to lead and train colleagues
- You are flexible and willing to work in a 3-shift system (morning, afternoon and overnight) for 7 days a week
- You put the customer first and prioritise providing excellent service
- You are active, with the ability to lift 22kg scooters safely on a regular basis
- You have strong computer skills
- You have experience in driving a van, with a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- You are proficient in speaking English
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing startup, backed by a leading company in the mobility industry
- Competitive wage and benefits
- Paid time off
- Great Pension Scheme contribution
- The chance to work with an enthusiastic and welcoming team