Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products in the UK and internationally with annual sales turnover in excess of £200 million across 17 territories.
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated Shift Maintenance Engineer, equally as happy working as a member of a team as alone, with excellent communication skills to cover site maintenance activities within our Engineering Function. This role will be shift based supporting the manufacturing site based at Stokesley, North Yorkshire.
This is a key role requiring the successful applicant:
- To provide technical expertise in fault diagnosis and rectification across the production and distribution sites in the areas of controls systems, electronics, electrical and mechanical disciplines
- To develop the production and distribution site skills to provide effective maintenance support to minimise downtime and associated distribution across the 24/7 operation
- Drive compliance with site key performance indicators
The successful candidate will be:
- Innovative in approach
- Capable of working within a proactive team
- Committed to Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Capable of working to the highest standards of Health & Safety
You will be a multi skilled engineer time served engineer with a minimum of HNC/HND electrical qualification with mechanical experience as well as 17th/18th Edition and 2391. PLC / SCADA experience, computer literate, excellent influencing skills, ability to drive issues through to completion, good interpersonal skills and ability to use your own initiative are also key attributes.
Knowledge of CMMS, projects, continuous improvement, contractor liaison and systems development is desirable. You don’t have the be vegetarian to work for us!