Our ultimate goal is to ‘Fix the Food Chain’ -by building the best online grocery business possible. We think it’s vital that you know how you can help us do this from the very beginning. Our mission will only be delivered through living our core values and focusing on what we’re trying to deliver, on having great people, delivering a great business.
To introduce you to those early on, here is how you will help us do that:
By being kind…you exemplify the way people can be kind. You will help develop the hub personnel to be the best they can be and channel the inner desire to flourish.
By being passionate… you have to really get our mission. And you have to be passionate that the the way we work today can be better through continuous improvement
By being transparent…we work with utmost transparency. Giving feedback and open communication with the hub teams is essential. We talk about our rationale for decisions, we show our working and thinking and we are honest.
By loving our customers…for this role – this means both the ones that shop with us and our internal customers at Farmdrop such as the retail team for example. We want our customers to have the best experience so they will want to shop with us again and again.
By being smart... With this role you will need to see opportunities and sort them out. You will have your hands dirty, you will be ‘in the long grass’ – but you must work smartly. We all try to drive efficiencies in every way we can. You must think of other solutions to problems. In this role it’s highly likely there will be more tasks than time to complete them. Prioritising will be key and implementing new smarter, efficient ways of working.
And by being better...in all ways. We want rockstars, heroes, and legends…someone who is born to do this role. Our bar is set really high and we don’t mess around. We are looking for an achiever who chooses to keep raising their own personal bar and set a culture for team achievement. You naturally coach and develop people – helping everyone around you to be better. You should have the mindset better is endless and be restless in pursuit and better ways of working
This will be the Operations Manager Richard, he has been at Farmdrop for over 2 years and helped launch the new Enfield Warehouse, he started out as a Shift Manager for the company so is a wealth of knowledge.
You will run a team of approx. 10-15 people currently which will continue to grow, there will be different skill sets that you can utilise. From Mustafa, Jack and Parry who are Forklift operators to Sheryl, Peter & Shannon who are all experienced hubbers. You will also have an Experienced Team Leader in Michael who started as a Hubber and has proven himself to go above and beyond time after time.
You will also work alongside the other nights team to help each other learn and grow as the business does.
For Shift Managers the next step is Operations Manager, we want you to grow and learn alongside the company always striving to develop new skills and enhance the ones you already have, as we grow opportunities to progress will grow with us
Your closet working relationships (peas in a pod)
This will be your Hubber team and your Team Leader, you will develop all those around you to help build your team. We will support you every step of the way
Low Hanging Fruit
- Boost morale through positive feedback and recognition
- Dive deep into the current processes and develop them to eliminate any gaps to achieve our goals
- Develop a rota to match our operations plan
What You Need to Get the Job Done
As a company we are trying to fix and improve the food chain, to do this we focus strongly on Safety and Quality.
To achieve this we need strong leadership from someone who is comfortable delivering under pressure key targets and deadlines.
You will need to be flexible to adapt to any situation and have the temperament to deal with this calmly and effectively. You will need to have a strong attention to detail and have the desire to push yourself and your team to continuously grow.
What Will Make Us REALLY Love you
- Food warehouse experience
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate with good numeric skills
- Lead and inspire our team of night Hubbers, with an understanding of how to motivate them to ensure a happy workforce
What the day job will probably look like
- Write and deliver targeted shift briefings ahead of every shift
- Monitoring the shift with the team leader throughout the evening
- Dealing with queries from other teams through our messaging system
- Being the first point of call for payroll queries and other questions employees might have
- Escalate things you can’t deal with to your line manager or specialist within the business
- Looking forward and back to set performance metrics aligned with the Operations Plan
- Management of the day hub team; including rotas, holiday, grievance, disciplinary, absence and recruitment
Requirements for you to be suitable for THIS role
- You will need to possess and show us excellent communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of running a warehouse, preferably in the Food industry
- Previous management experience with the ability to manage and motivate others
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and be excited by working for a growing start-up that’s trying to improve the local food chain
- Work as part of a team of Shift Managers and Team Leaders to ensure the hub runs smoothly 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Complete a thorough handover at the end of your shift – looking ahead to the next shift, and back at the last, is just as important as getting the job done on your shift
- Deliver on cost and productivity KPIs, a key component of our lean and efficient supply chain
- Achieve excellent customer service KPIs, such as near perfect item accuracy,
Why you will REALLY love us
- A business with a conscience – we want everyone to have an amazing experience. From our suppliers, our customers and you
- Ability to influence and grow
- Fast working pace – we seem to have our own time zone ‘Farmdrop Time’ – we like to get things done nice and quickly – and exceptionally well.
- Great perks
- Vitality Private Medical Insurance (that comes with loads of perks)
- Discount on your Farmdrop shopping
- Time off for charity volunteering
- Season Ticket Loan (up to £5k)
- Enhanced family policies (Maternity + Paternity)
- Time off for green holiday travel – if you use the sea or train for your holidays, we will pay you two extra days holiday – we then pass that cost onto Mother Nature, but she thinks it’s worth the spend!
- Cycle to Work – usual scheme that most offer – but it’s a really great saving