Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are a purpose driven, ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products in the UK and internationally with annual sales turnover in excess of £250 million across 17 territories.
We are investing £150 million in additional capacity over the next 5 years to enable us to continue to develop products which are better for people and the planet. To support us in achieving this growth ambition, we are recruiting for an experienced, driven leader to support our teams in delivering first class products, safely.
Location: Belasis, Billingham Department: Supply Chain Contract: Permanent Hours of work: Continental Shifts
Key tasks & accountabilities of the role include:
- Lead, manage and develop a multi-skilled manufacturing team to achieve production requirements defined by the business in terms of capacity, SHE, quality (ISO9001), efficiency and regulatory requirements.
- Understand own responsibilities to Health and Safety as laid down in the Company Health and Safety Responsibilities for Managers and Supervisors, and carries out the Company safe operating practices, and procedures.
- Identify and allocate first level maintenance on plant equipment and manage the multi-skilled engineering resource within the team. Liaise with day maintenance resource to ensure optimal allocation across the site.
- As the senior person on site out of normal working hours, (supervisory and technical) the job holder is required to direct and control all emergency incidents on the Belasis site and out of hours serves as the first line technical resource to the solution of operational problems and deficiencies.
- Ensure investigations in to breakdowns get to root cause of the issue and action CI to eliminate
- Improve performance and reduce waste in their area through CI
- Attend daily production/planning meeting with appropriate preparation
- Work closely with support functions (H&S, HR, Quality, NPD, Logistics, Site Engineering including services and Finance) to identify resources required to action any outstanding issues
- Lead operational SSOW and work flow system.
Essential skills include:
- Significant production experience, including extensive managerial or supervisory experience
- Strong Knowledge of database and productivity software
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Experience of process plant RCA (Root Cause Analysis)
- Significant work experience in a high volume manufacturing environment, preferably chemical plan
- Full understanding of design and production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and re-work