Location – Bristol / London
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
The Smart Meter Marketing Manager will be responsible for leading the strategy to engage and get smart meters to all OVO members, whilst providing an excellent customer experience.
What will I be doing?
- Owning OVO’s overall strategy to achieve Smart meter penetration targets in line with regulatory commitment and targets
- Working closely with stakeholders across the group to define forecast and monitor and report on performance
- Define customer journeys and automate comms together with the CRM and Marketing Automation teams
- Work with customer operations to enable a customer-centric contact strategy that covers all channels, including telephony
- Collaborate with the other OVO Group including SSE to embed a culture of continuous improvement and best-practice sharing
- Work with product teams to deliver optimised conversion and a seamless booking experience
- Develop compelling and clear content for all channels to drive bookings, completed installs whilst reducing avoidable contact to our call centre
- Support on regulatory reporting to deliver evidence that supports our compliance with All Reasonable Steps (ARS) and SMICoP
- Be a customer champion and ensure the needs of vulnerable customers are understood and addressed
Is this the job for me?
The Smart Meter Marketing Manager should be a confident manager of diverse stakeholders and complex business priorities, ideally with smart meter experience.
- You will have great strategic, operational, technical and creative instincts, along with impressive organisation/ project management skills
- Experience in a regulated industry (e.g. energy, finance) or with functions such as billing, operations or customer services
- You will have experience managing multiple stakeholders to ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget and you will be adept at “upwards management” ensuring the right people are engaged at the right times
- Knowledge of SalesForce MarketingCloud or similar data-led email platforms
- Passion for customer experience is essential – ensuring that customer impacts are understood when operational and technical solutions are delivered
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build good relationships with stakeholders
- A team player able to work well independently to solve problems and make decisions
- Able to respond quickly and decisively to requirements
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-changing environment
- A fast learner with an optimistic outlook.
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.