To apply for this job please visit peoplesenergy.co.uk.
Who are People’s Energy?
People’s Energy are a young and fast-growing ethical gas and electricity supply company, based in Shawfair near Edinburgh but supplying to customers UK wide. We launched, under crowdfunding, on 1 August 2017 and are growing rapidly. We have an ambitious goal: We want to put 1 million people in charge of their own energy and become known as the energy company that can be trusted to do the right thing at all times, for people, communities and the planet.
People’s Energy differs significantly from existing energy suppliers. We want to bring trust back into the energy market and offer a simple, fair, and affordable solution for all customers. We give 75% of the profits back to customers, promise full transparency, and we will involve customers in key decisions. The electricity we sell is 100% renewable.
For the role of ‘Smart Metering Manager’ we are looking for someone with expertise and experience in SMETS2 operations within the energy sector and Smart Metering generally. You will ideally have line management experience or have demonstrated the characteristics of a leader of people. The role will direct work and advise the entirety of People’s Energy on SMART metering. Alongside the rest of the SMART team, troubleshooting, problem solving and pre-empting issues relating to our SMART implementation and maintenance programs, within the business, will be the fundamental objective of the role, as well as acting as subject matter expert in this area.
- Management of the company ‘SMART Programme’
- Subject matter expert on all functions of the ‘SMART Programme’ and its wider implications
- Advise and instruct senior staff and the wider business on smart metering and relevant programmes
- Management of customer issues specifically relating to smart meter issues and pre-empting any future complaints or issues through continuous improvement and quality assurance
- Forecasting and ordering of meters and all other relevant equipment and resource
- Creation and approval of ADT files
- Ensuring SEC obligations are fully met
- Compiling and updating all required reporting requirements, relating to the Smart Programme
- Remain updated and informed on all updates & changes relating to DCC & SEC, advising the business of these, and making changes where appropriate
- Day to day management of the team and their supporting them in their roles
- Lead on preparing the company and all systems for auditing, ensuring compliance is embedded within the teams
- Be involved on all related ‘SMART Programme’ audits or delegating as appropriate
- Continually review feedback and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with training team to identify knowledge gaps and provide solutions
- Manage operational relationships
- Manage monthly external reporting requirements for complaints
- At least 6 months experience within a similar role or a supporting role within a smart metering team
- Strong and demonstrable experience of the energy market
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills, and the use of relevant tools ie. Excel
- Ability to use data to diagnose issues and establish root causes of issues
- Effective relationships builder, within the entire operation
- Directing external partners to achieve targets and goals
- Experience in dealing directly with installations of smart meters and troubleshooting of issues from customers
- Educated to degree level
- Leadership & line manager experience
- Wider regulatory background, within the energy sector
- Dependent on experience and negotiable