To apply for this job please visit es.catapult.org.uk.
The Energy Systems Catapult is one of a network of elite technology and innovation centres set up by Innovate UK. The Catapult works with companies that are focused on exploiting the opportunities created by the need to transform global energy systems; not only playing a part in accelerating technology based solutions, but also engaging with Government to address the market mechanisms and business models that will be required to enable such solutions.
The Energy Systems Catapult will create a critical mass for business and research innovation, focusing on electricity, heat and combustible gases. This centre will be an important part of the UK’s innovation system, making a major long-term contribution to UK economic growth.
The Catapult’s Innovator Support Platform (ISP) has been established to support UK innovators by helping them understand and navigate the energy transformation systemic barriers. ISP is a three-tiered programme developed to support innovators at different levels. First tier is Universal Support – free of charge standardised support offered to all SMEs. It comes in a form of publications, insight reports, information on funding calls, events and signposting – connecting innovators with other support programmes and organisations. The second and third tiers are Incubation and Acceleration – these can be accessed through Innovator Challenges which are launched twice a year. Through these two tiers ESC can provide tailored support to a smaller number of innovators.
The Universal Support is vital for ESC’s SME community by allowing them access to information and opportunities in the energy sector. Even through the standardised support, ISP is trying to address some of the key interest and challenge areas innovators are facing, such as providing them with deeper understanding of the GB Energy Industry, helping innovators identify innovation priorities and understand systemic barriers blocking routes to market, advising on funding bodies, funding facilitators and open funding calls as well as introducing innovators to international opportunities and overseas knowledge.
The SME Engagement Manager forms a critical part of the ISP and in particular – Universal Support and will be responsible for designing and developing ISP’s offering in this tier, including the business planning and implementation of the SME event programme. They will plan and lead SME engagement activities and will also be responsible for establishing and leading the process of capturing and reporting SME support and impact across the whole organisation. In addition, they will also line manage the SME Support Coordinator, who will support all activities carried out by the SME Engagement Manager and the team.
The SME Engagement Manager will be responsible for the Universal Support area of the ISP, ensuring its expansion and further development as per SME stakeholder needs and accessibility on ESC’s Innovator Portal. The role will build and successfully manage strategic relationships with SMEs and partner organisations to ensure that SMEs get the support they need – the role will establish itself as the ‘first port of call’ for many new SME engagements. The SME Engagement Manager will successfully implement the SME event programme and will secure sponsorship for these events. Additionally, they will lead the team to plan and establish necessary processes and procedures to capture SME support and impact data across the whole organisation.
The SME Engagement Manager will have overall responsibility for the areas detailed below. The main components of the role are:
- Plan the aims, objectives and priorities of the Universal Support areas and ensure effective communication internally and externally as appropriate
- Lead ‘first port of call’ SME engagements, ensuring the Universal Support area provides effective and efficient response to SME enquires, introduces the ESC capabilities and programmes, establishes good relationships, identifies opportunities and manages the flow of early engagement through to ESC collaborations or external partners
- Lead the analysis, development and implementation of processes to capture SME support and impact data across the organisation, including setting up the structure of CRM reports and dashboards
- Steer the implementation of the Energy Launchpad (Innovator Portal) to ensure it’s in line with Universal Support objectives
- Develop and manage shared activity between the ESC and other strategic organisations (e.g. Spinning Reserve, other Catapults), including monitoring engagements and communication with Delivery Support Network partners
- Develop SME engagement plans for international projects and lead their implementation
- Develop business plan for the SME event programme and lead its implementation, including securing sponsorship
- Lead the development of SME case studies and ISP marketing materials
- Support incubation management and build skills and capabilities to develop incubation management experience, including technical and commercial knowledge
- Lead ESC’s representation at various conferences and events and deliver formal presentations
- Line manage and plan the work off SME Support Coordinator at a detailed (daily/weekly) level as well as at a broader scale of longer-term objectives
- Set medium- and longer-term objectives for SME Support Coordinator for personal development
- Common to all team members: To champion Health and Safety, sharing “Good Catches” with team, raising health and safety awareness.
This is a high-profile role with high levels of autonomy and strategic responsibility which calls for an experienced Stakeholder Engagement Manager or Account Manager. You will be with great influencing and leadership skills, you will be innovative in your thinking, highly organised in your approach coupled with an infectious passion and enthusiasm that gets results.
What credentials are we ideally looking for ?
- Degree educated (in engineering, sustainable energy planning and management or similar)
- Knowledge of the UK energy sector
- Experience of working with SMEs, understanding their growth challenges and support needs and being able to translate into action plans
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills, including experience in managing relationships with strategic partner organisations and building collaborations
- Strategic thinker, demonstrating ability to create and implement new ideas, ideally around support intervention for start-ups
- Experience in managing and leading people while delivering development plans to maximise potential
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly developed communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Good team working skills with the ability to liaise and communicate at all levels.
- Must be proactive and have the ability to multitask proficiently
- Willingness to travel and attend meetings and conferences (across UK and sometimes overseas)
- Impact measurement development and implementation
- Demonstrate outstanding judgment in resource utilisation and optimisation
- Experience of working with Salesforce CRM system
Would you like to Apply?
The closing date for applications is Sunday 20th June 2021
Please note that at this time we are unable to provide UK visa sponsorship.
Energy Systems Catapult undertakes innovative and exciting work that will help shape the future of energy, with this in mind we encourage candidates to submit their applications as early as possible, as we do reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.
(Strictly No Agencies).
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion and belief, sexual orientation, or status regarding gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.”
Purpose of the Privacy Statement
The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to make you aware of how and why your personal data will be used during any recruitment process and how long it will usually be retained for. This statement provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
In the recruitment process we, Energy Systems Catapult Limited, are a “Data Controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you.
The Energy Systems Catapult Limited is located at Cannon House 7th Floor, 18 Priory Queensway, Birmingham, West Midlands, England, B4 6BS and can be contacted by email at: email@example.com.
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
Accurate and kept up to date;
Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about;
The Kind of Personal Data we hold about you
In connection with your application for work with us, we will collect, store and use the following categories of personal information about you:
The information you have provided in our application form;
The information you have provided to us in your curriculum vitae and covering letter;
Any information you provide to us during an interview;
Any other information provided by you as part of the recruitment process.
We may ask you for information to allow us to monitor our equal opportunities and diversity performance in recruitment. Also, if you inform us that you have a disability we will keep this information on record to allow us to make reasonable adjustments as needed.
How we will use your Personal Data
We will use the personal data we collect about you to:
Assess your skills, qualifications and suitability for the role;
Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable;
Communicate with you about the recruitment process;
Keep records relating to our hiring processes;
Manage recruitment related activities, which includes setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes;
Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We will also use information about any disability you may have to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process.
Such processing is lawful as it is necessary for our legitimate purpose in seeking to attract, evaluate, and select applicants for employment.
Data Sharing: Greenhouse Software Inc
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by us to help manage our recruitment and hiring process. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. This transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the Privacy Shield so as to comply with EU law.
We will retain your personal data for a period of 12 months after we have communicated to you our decision about whether to appoint you to the role. We retain your personal data for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Your Rights in Connection with Personal Data
Under the GDPR you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted or transferred.
When you apply for this role, and tick the confirmation box below, you have provided consent for us to process your personal data for the purpose of the recruitment exercise. You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing for that purpose at any time. Withdrawal of consent to process your data may mean that we cannot continue with your application to us.
If you wish to exercise the rights granted to you under GDPR please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.