To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
About the role
We are looking for a Social Innovation Consultant to join our team. You will be working with our small core team and associates on exciting consultancy projects tackling some of society’s most complex issues.
This is a UK-based position with regular travel to our office in Bow, London (dependent on the Covid situation). The role will involve some travel within the UK with the occasional overnight stay. It may also involve occasional international travel.
As a Social Innovation Consultant at Humanly you will take a leading role in delivering a wide range of human-centred design projects for our clients. You will manage the delivery of end-to-end projects involving all stages of the design process, including research, idea generation and prototyping, to develop innovative solutions that have real impact.
Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Managing projects, keeping these organised and on track by creating timelines, setting internal deadlines, setting up Trello boards, keeping track of progress, and ensuring key milestones are met on time
- Providing ongoing support to other team members with prioritisation and time management to ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Managing relationships with clients and other project stakeholders, keeping them engaged and updated with project progress
- Line managing junior team members, supporting their wellbeing and development
- Developing research approaches and setting up research activities, including recruiting participants
- Carrying out both desk and user research
- Participating in the analysis of research findings to generate key insights and opportunities for doing things differently
- Running creative idea generation activities, such as workshops, with project stakeholders including people affected by the problem we’re trying to solve
- Contributing to the development of ideas for new solutions that are innovative and inclusive
- Supporting the delivery of prototyping activities to test ideas on a small scale
- Outlining the positive social impact that new solutions aim to achieve
- Working with the team to develop recommendations for the implementation of solutions that are desirable for users, viable for clients and technically feasible
- Working on engaging reports and delivering presentations that tell the story of the process and solutions
- You are passionate about social impact and making a real difference through your work
- You are excited about working in a small team in a start-up environment
- You are highly organised with excellent project management and time management skills, and can manage multiple, diverse projects
- You are able to guide a small team towards the successful delivery of projects on time and on budget
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and are comfortable working with a wide range of people from different walks of life
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are excited about supporting junior team members with their wellbeing and development
- You have a working understanding of human-centred design or design thinking and would like to use these approaches in your work
- You might come from any background, for example you may have worked in an innovation role, or worked for a charity, community organisation or socially-focussed start-up, or maybe you’ve done something else but are keen to move into the world of social design
- You may have good visual communication skills, but this is not essential
Benefits of working at Humanly
- You will work exclusively on the world’s most pressing social challenges and develop real world solutions that achieve significant impact
- You’ll be part of a team where your wellbeing and health are the top priority. We have built a strong wellbeing culture and practice including the development of individual wellbeing plans and monthly wellbeing catch ups
- We take work/life balance seriously and enable this through our ‘no overtime’ ethos
- You’ll work with a friendly team of Humanly humans in a welcoming and supportive environment where you can bring your whole self to work
- We place inclusivity at the heart of everything we do, from the way the team works together to the ways we involve people in our creative process and the solutions we develop
- We offer a generous holiday allowance: 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and our annual Christmas shutdown
- We are happy to explore flexible working opportunities to suit your circumstances and enable you to do your best work
- Your growth is important to us and we’ll provide you with an annual learning and development budget, time to spend on learning and development activities, and in-house coaching and mentoring
- You’ll have lots of opportunities to work on new and different things as we are a small team and work on a wide range of projects
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you want to work for Humanly to firstname.lastname@example.org
As well your CV and covering letter, please also include a few examples of your work (this can include academic or voluntary work). We are particularly interested in seeing the role you have played in projects and the process you’ve followed, as well as end solutions.
It is our ambition to reflect the diversity of the people we design for with the diversity of our team. We’re keen to hear from a range of applicants from all backgrounds, whether or not you have worked in an innovation role or creative industry before.
Please note that all applicants must have the right to work in the UK, and we are unfortunately unable to support visa applications at this time.
The deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 7th June 2021.
If you would like to get involved with Humanly but do not feel like this is the right role for you, or you’re not sure if you meet the requirements, please do get in touch anyway and tell us a bit about you. We are always looking for great people to collaborate with and would love to hear from you.
If you have any questions please get in touch at email@example.com