Big Bloom is on a mission to accelerate social innovation. We run Hackathons for Good and Incubation programmes where participants develop solutions to a strategic challenge brought by a social organisation.
We are looking for a highly organised and tech savvy individual who is passionate about making the world a better place, to coordinate and produce our events.
Contract, mostly remote-based with occasional London-based events
30h per event, competitive rate commensurate to experience
Big Bloom enables companies to accelerate social innovation while upskilling their people. We engage business professionals in Hackathons for Good and incubation programmes which aim to help charities and social enterprises innovate and amplify their social impact.
Big Bloom is an entrepreneurs collective launched in 2018 in France and now active in over 10 countries across Europe, Asia and North America.
If you are highly organized, passionate about making a positive impact on the world we live in, and excited about joining a small team and growing together, we’d love to hear from you!
The role will be on a short-term contract basis for each event. We expect to be running up to two events per quarter, with most events requiring around 20 hours of your time, most of it over a 2-week period. Occasionally, large events will require 40 hours over a month. Plus, you will get the opportunity to support hackathons in other Global Big Bloom locations, if you are interested !
Our hackathons are currently run exclusively online. As the hackathon producer, you will be in charge of:
- Coordinating all communications to participants and guests ahead of the event.
- Handling the videoconferencing platform (usually Zoom), managing attendance and orchestrating the moves to breakout rooms, acting as the hackathon’s lead’s right hand.
- Supporting participants with technical questions throughout the event.
- As you develop into the role, we would expect you to progressively take responsibility for the whole organization of the events including events staffing coordination, as well as measuring the impact of our programmes on the social organisations we support
Social distancing restrictions permitting, we will resume in-person events (and continue online), with your role evolving accordingly. Events will be held mostly in London.
This is an exciting role which will give you the opportunity to have a social impact and gain exposure to a wide range of social organisations, from established charities to social enterprise starts-ups, across the whole social impact spectrum. You will join a small team and become part of a growing international organization that values kindness and collaboration.
We would love to hear from you if :
- You have a passion for and want to make a career in social impact.
- You value collaborative and respectful work relationships
- You are kind and friendly, with infectious energy and a positive outlook.
- You are highly organized with great attention to detail
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and you are comfortable addressing a large group over video calls.
- You are familiar with online collaboration tools such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Slack, and Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint. All the better if you are a whizz !
- You get things done with minimal direction
- You keep your cool under pressure
- You have great ideas of music to play at the start of our hackathons to get participants energy up !
We believe that diversity is a strength and would like to receive applications from as wide a range of people as possible.
Please note this role will be remote-based for the foreseeable future, with occasional in-person team meetings and events being held in London.