Location: London, EC4A (currently remote working)
Accountable to: Digital Marketing and Communications Manager
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Salary: £28,750 – £32,500 (depending on experience)
Application deadline: Midday on Monday 3rd May 2021
Overall purpose of the role
- We are looking for a self-motivated person who can turn ideas into action in order to enhance awareness and engagement amongst our target audiences across digital channels. The role requires delivery of written and visual content for our social media channels, as well as the design and production of compelling, informative and user-led digital assets.
This is an exciting time to join the Communications Team as we embark on a new business strategy to raise awareness of social impact investing and build an investment ecosystem that supports enterprises to improve people’s lives across the UK.
This will be a dynamic, varied role, delivering across a range of digital channels and taking campaigns from concept to delivery. You will require strong project and time management skills with a keen eye for detail. Our ideal candidate brings an extremely high level of creativity, passion, and proactivity to the role. You should get excited at the idea of creating engaging digital content that can be executed across all online platforms for Big Society Capital.
We are a small team and do our best to support each other, so you may be needed to flex across different disciplines to help us deliver on business needs and create truly integrated campaigns.
Digital content and engagement
- Lead on audience-focused digital content creation and curation including social media, blogs, podcasts, webinars, videos and infographics
- Own/manage digital content planner, coordinating the delivery and flow of balanced, timely and quality content across social channels, collaborating with different teams
- Manage key social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube) and keep up to date with online platform developments and trends, applying knowledge when creating communications
- Copy writing and creating compelling content for all social media channels, adapting for the different platforms to meet our reach and engagement targets
- Source images and develop on-brand visual assets suitable for use across a range of digital channels and with a range of audiences
- Support PR campaigns, news stories and announcements using social channels, keeping up to date with relevant current affairs and trending topics
- Community management for all social media channels including monitoring Big Society Capital mentions, key influencer activity and relevant topics; engaging in meaningful conversations
- Schedule social media posts (using Sprout Social), tracking and analysing activity to improve performance
- Identify opportunities for amplifying the reach and engagement of content amongst target audiences, including creating partner content and digital toolkits
- Support the development of resources and training to integrate digital skills across the wider organisation
- Support the team with the maintenance and development of the website, uploading and optimising content
- Ensure all content is inclusive, diverse and follows Big Society Capital brand guidelines and tone of voice
- Reviewing financial promotions and ensuring compliance with regulations
- Ensuring activities operate in line with GDPR and data privacy requirements
Stakeholder management: external relationships
- Building relationships with digital colleagues in other organisations across the financial and social sectors
Stakeholder management: internal relationships
- Working closely with other team members to ensure effective delivery of Communications Team objectives
- Attending stakeholder meetings
- Contributing to Big Society Capital wider team initiatives
- Measure and report on performance of digital activity, using analytics to inform and optimise content and help shape future strategies
- Input into the organisations’ quarterly goal setting alongside the team
Digital pro: No matter when, where or how you learned your skills, digital delivery is key in this role.
- Experience of creating innovative work in the digital world
- Fully understands online digital content creation, website management and social media platforms. This includes not only producing content, but posting strategically, at the right time and place
- Familiarity with common digital tools and platforms such as Google Analytics, Canva, Photoshop; website CMS tools; email marketing software, such as Campaign Monitor
- Creative flair and strong writing skills, to develop digital resources and engaging content
- Design packages including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Desire to develop knowledge of user centred design principles
Data driven: using data and online analytics to drive content delivery is a key part of this role.
- Experience with Google and social media analytics to ensure campaigns are impactful
- With a keen eye for detail, should be able to identify trends and know the right questions to ask to gather meaningful insights
- Experience of monitoring and delivering on KPIs
Attitude, abilities and mindset
- We are looking for a self-motivated individual, capable of working both autonomously and collaboratively as part of a close-knit team – someone with a can-do attitude, willing to roll their sleeves up and unafraid to ask for help when needed
- Should be intellectually curious and have a passion for the impact social enterprises and charities can create across the UK
- You should be passionate about the role that social impact investment can play in helping improve lives across the UK, excited about raising our profile across our target audiences and improving public understanding of what we do and why we do it.
- We need someone who can work under pressure, with strong problem-solving skills and a focus on solutions
- Should have an appetite for continual development of own digital skills and expertise and be a champion for sharing this learning internally
- Experience and competency in video/sound editing
- Experience of working within either social sector or finance sector
- Understanding of social investment or impact investing
- Experience and competency of user experience design
Salary and terms of employment
- This is a permanent position. All applicants must have an existing Right to Work in the UK
- Location: Chancery Lane (most Big Society Capital staff are currently working from home)
- Salary: £28,750 – £32,500 (depending on experience)
- Big Society Capital is committed to being a diverse team that is truly representative of the communities we serve. We are an equal opportunities employer with an inclusive environment where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential.