To apply for this job please visit res-group.csod.com.
We are searching for an experienced Software Developer (Renewable Asset Data Acquisition) at our UK&I offices.
What we offer you……
As a company, leading the way to ensure everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy, RES is proud of its diverse workforce and supports a healthy work-life balance. We offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell 5 days per annum, enhanced family leave and 4 volunteering days.
We are proud of our reputation as leaders in renewable energy and for demonstrating that a zero carbon future is possible, affordable and desirable. The SMART team is an important part of this, providing bespoke software solutions across the global wind, solar and energy storage Support Services business. This includes:
- Retrieving and homogenizing data from a wide range of operational renewable energy power plants, in particular solar farms and wind farms
- Analyzing operational data from renewable energy power plants, including data from Condition Monitoring Systems
- Providing flexible reporting solutions for all clients
- Creating engineering analysis tools used by specialists to prevent faults
- Using machine learning and artificial intelligence to automate the application of specialist knowledge
Software Developer: Renewable Asset Data Acquisition Role
The Software Developer is a key role within the SMART (Site Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Tool) team. The Software Developer role exists to architect, implement and support new software processes to collect and standardise critical data from renewable assets and related systems. You will work in an Agile software team using C#, Python, Microsoft Azure and technologies like web services, OPC, Modbus, and SQL.
The Software Developer has responsibilities including:
- Provide new software following the Scrum development methodology
- Evaluate solar farm and wind farm SCADA systems to determine the best data extraction approach
- Choose the right technology, architecture and infrastructure for each product in consultation with other software developers and the Product Owner
- Maintaining high operational performance; monitor and troubleshoot data feed outages or underperformance and implement countermeasures to prevent them in future
- Demonstrating completed work at wrap up meetings
- Follow and contribute to team working agreement
- Contribute to the strategic technical direction of the product
- Deliver work which is applicable to wind, solar and storage assets in all markets
- Support continuous improvement of team tools and practices
The Software Developer will work in a team which includes Software Developers, Product Owners, Software Support Specialists and Data Scientists. The role’s impact is to support growth of the Support Services business through quick integration of new renewable assets and excellent performance of existing data acquisition systems.
We believe that small, empowered, self-motivated teams can do big things. We believe in ideas, in aspiring to be the best that we can be, work life balance and a blameless culture based on trusting our developers.
- Development technologies:
- Cloud based application deployment (Azure or similar)
- Continuous Integration Systems (including Azure DevOps)
- Testing frameworks (including NUnit)
- Version Control systems (in particular Github)
- Data sources:
- Web services (HTTP APIs, SOAP)
- SQL databases
Knowledge / experience
- Relevant experience working as a software developer, SCADA engineer, data engineer or data scientist
- Solar, wind and battery energy storage SCADA systems
- Scrum / Agile methodology
- Continuous integration and deployment
- Ability to discuss and implement data transformations and numerical algorithms
- Ability to understand users’ success criteria and design software to achieve their required outcomes
- Ability to integrate with an existing international team
Degree in Computer Science, Science, Engineering or a technical discipline
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.