If engineering is “your thing”, and you’re looking to change the world in a pretty fly way, this could be the job for you.
– Play a key role in technical projects across interdisciplinary teams
– Assistance in growing a dynamic and innovative engineering team
– Make technical decisions within the engineering team and working with senior management
– Master’s Degree in Software / Computer / Systems Engineering or equivalent in experience
– Hands-on experience with building customer solutions or demos
– A good understanding of data processing
– Experience in Cloud Systems (Google Cloud Platform or AWS preferred)
– Knowledge of database architecture, migration, performance & sizing
– Advanced programming skills (Python, Java, C / C++)
– A flexible and dynamic approach to development
Virtual (London, UK preferred), farm locations (possible travel required pending travel regulations
Over 75% of agricultural crops worldwide rely on insects for pollination to ensure increased yields at harvest. However, the total demand for insect-pollinated crops is rising five times as fast as the available hives. Add to this that the number of wild pollinators is steadily declining, and there is an immediate risk to many crops that threatens food security.
Olombria uses specific species of flies to supplement bees as primary pollinators. Flies already do about 30% of the world’s pollination, but the Olombria technology substantially increases their effectiveness. We use advanced, natural chemical signalling and mapping technologies to choreograph their behaviour, placing them just where the crops need them to be.
We love candidates who have a passion for developing innovative solutions and have an entrepreneurial spirit. You will use your technical expertise to work with an interdisciplinary team of designers, scientists, and researchers to build the next generation of agricultural IoT solutions.