Our mission at Multus is to create the key ingredient, the growth media, to make cultivated meat affordable and profitable. We are developing a system that allows the production of animal-free, food-grade growth media using our optimised proteins that can meet demand at a commercially viable price-point. You will join a quickly growing, dedicated team building a company and with your knowledge of cell culturing we will create the key ingredient for cultivated meat to become reality.
As an early member of the team, you will work alongside our founders to establish our engineering pipeline. You will be working with cutting-edge technologies both in silico and in the lab, such as state-of-the-art machine learning techniques, lab automation, HT screening, and many more.
We’re looking for someone who is excited about applying the latest advancements from computer science in engineering biology. If you are excited to dedicate yourself to work on some of the most impactful solutions to the future of humanity, then you are at the right place.
Role & Responsibility
- Develop and implement computational pipelines for protein engineering.
- Utilisation of Design-of-Experiments, data analysis and statistics for media formulation optimisation.
- Collaborative coding for bioinformatics & data analysis.
- Actively engage in interdisciplinary research and collaborate with other research streams.
- Be a subject matter expert in all unit operations and have the ability to pick up new technologies quickly.
- Assist other team members with experiments.
- Take an active role in determining the next steps alongside the project team/lead.
- Rigorous documentation and codebase maintenance. Proficient in data collection, management, and interpretation.
- Have the ability to be an independent contributor and work under ambiguity.
Skills & abilities
- Extensive experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, biophysics, physics, computer science, computational biology, quantitative biology, or related field.
- Significant hands-on technical experience with ML/DL and collaborative software development.
- Enthusiasm to learn new techniques and a strong curiosity for areas of biology previously unknown to you.
- Wet lab skills (or knowledge of what a wet lab looks like) is a plus.
- Experience with design of experiment (DoE), lab automation, statistical analysis, and modelling preferred.
- Good communicator and be comfortable with handling simultaneous tasks.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and interdisciplinary environment.
What we offer
- Competitive salary depending on your experience
- Flexible PTO with 25 paid holidays per year (on top of bank holidays).
- Opportunity to work in a quickly growing environment and exciting domain.
- Opportunity to get training and hands-on experience across a large variety of experimental methods and equipment, including but not limited to state-of-the-art lab management solutions and automation platforms.
- An inspiring team to work and grow with!
We aim to help the planet by unlocking the cultivated meat industry. Our culture may be casual but the work is serious. If you are excited to dedicate yourself to work on some of the most impactful solutions to the future of humanity, join us now by filling out this form!
The applications are considered on a rolling basis. Applications are reviewed throughout the working week and therefore we encourage you to apply soon, as we wish to fill the role soon. Advertising will close quickly when suitable applicants have applied and could be before the closing date.
Multus Biotechnology Limited recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status as required by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and Multus Biotechnology Limited retains the discretion to modify.