Who we are
We are a sustainability-driven FinTech firm on a mission to connect all investors to their own investments.
Tumelo is an angel investor-backed, financial technology firm building soware that will educate and empower investors all over the world.
We partner with UK’s largest investment and pension platforms, empowering them to provide their investors with transparency over the companies they own and a shareholder voice on issues they care about, whether that be gender equality, human rights or climate change. We build APIs and beautiful user interfaces to deliver a totally unique user experience. We give platforms better engagement, acquisition and retention, coupled with the power to create a sustainable investment system for us all.
We’re a close-knit, ambitious team. Based in and around the South West, we work in an agile manner; championing transparency and flexibility while prioritising open communication. We love food, rounders, board games and team holidays (like painting and cliff jumping in Devon).
Our Vision: To give every investor a voice.
Our Mission: To empower platforms to engage investors.
1. We do our best work to achieve our vision
2. We pull together to achieve more for users & customers
3. We are masters of prioritisation
4. We adapt relentlessly
5. We give each other feedback to move each other forwards 6. We trust each other to drive towards success
You’ll be working with some stellar technologies including React, TypeScript, NodeJS, Open API, Golang, gRPC-based microservices, Kubernetes, Terraform, Amazon Cognito, the Google Cloud Platform and GitLab CI.
This role is focused on the front-end elements of Tumelo’s offerings, our consumer-facing platform: a user-focused and interactive dashboard that gives transparency and voting to investors; white-labelled and delivered via our platform partners.
Enticing? Want to hear more? Well, in 2-week sprint cycles you will:
- Work in an agile team, actively participating in scrum-based ceremonies; in story writing and refinement and help to translate business requirements into usable stories.
- Contribute significantly to the architecture definition, design, development, testing and maintenance of Tumelo’s consumer-facing dashboard and back-office web portal.
- Ensure the soware is appropriately tested at all stages of the development and deployment cycles, including identifying opportunities for making our test and CI processes ever more effective and efficient, and you will help with the implementation of improvements to those systems.
- Significantly contribute to the growth of our team and the direction of our product. Who you are
- You encapsulate our company values.
- You have a passion for building beautiful and usable web front-end applications that delightand empower consumers.
- You’re a hands-on developer who loves to get stuck in and get stuff done.
- You are passionate about soware development and enthusiastic about products you workon, especially about learning new stuff and pushing your own boundaries.
- You love working collaboratively in a small team and are a brilliant, proactive communicator.
- You want to build a product that will delight the user.
- You value giving and receiving constructive and honest feedback.
- You have the flexible attitude required in a start-up environment, with the willingness to adaptyour role and work to our needs as we grow.
- When time allows, you are reflective and dream big. But you’re a speedy worker who canhandle high pressure and a quick turn around when deadlines are tight
- You have a demonstrable passion for social, environmental and/or governance issues.
- You have the right to work in the UK with fluent spoken and written EnglishDesirable experience:
These are desirable rather than essential criteria. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified below and you think you can rock the role, we’d still love to learn more about you.
- You have a number of years of professional experience in architecting, designing and developing consumer-facing web applications with significant volumes of traffic.
- You have worked in agile, fast-paced teams, building new-to-market digital products.
- You have a good working knowledge of React and TypeScript, ideally havingused both successfully in a commercial environment, though we are also open to strong
developers from other backgrounds who are eager for an opportunity to extend these skills.
- You have a good knowledge of RESTful API design and Swagger/Open API.
- You have some experience in the deployment and management of highly scalable websites.
- You have a strong interest in testing including TDD & BDD and an enthusiasm for CI andautomation.
- You have an understanding of a variety of databases (SQL, NoSQL and/or GraphDBs).
- You have some experience with DevOps, Terraform, GCP and/or AWS.Why Tumelo?
We recognise that there are lots of opportunities available to soware engineers, however working here, you’ll grow more than you would anywhere else; you will join a team who will appreciate you every day; your contributions will genuinely change our business outcomes; and you will be proud to make a lasting, positive impact on the global investment system. And with that, we hope to hear from you!
The finer detail:
- Full-time role preferred
- Flexible hours (core hours of 10-3)
- Flexible working from home with ~8 days of team-time in a shared office (which will be nearBristol TM)
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Generous company share scheme
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Flexible holiday policy of 33 days incl bank holidayApplication details
• Initial application: • CV
• A covering note detailing the life experience that makes you amazing; why you’re good for us; and especially why we’re right for you.
• First interview
• Task & presentation • Second interview
There will be opportunities to ask questions throughout. If Tumelo sounds like a bit of you and if you are excited to ride this rollercoaster alongside us, then please apply
Start date: ASAP