The OVO Group’s mission is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. We’re a collection of companies with a single vision: to power human progress with clean affordable energy for everyone.
The climate crisis is humanity’s greatest challenge and the OVO Group organisations are all working together to lower our collective carbon emissions to zero. Would you be interested in joining us to help achieve this?
We are actively hiring in our central Edinburgh office.
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
You’ll be working alongside approximately 20 other Software Engineers, working on an exciting greenfield B2B project within the OVO Group.
We trust our development teams to choose their tech stacks, here you’ll commonly encounter Scala, TypeScript, Node, Java, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, React, Cypress and React Native. We run our services in GCP, AWS and Azure.
Is this the job for me?
We’re interested in hands on engineers with expertise in at least one programming language – if your experience doesn’t match our stack exactly then don’t worry, we hire based on software engineering talent, not language-specific skillset. Interested in us? We’re interested in you!
We’re interested in engineers with deep experience in similar technologies and also polyglots who are comfortable working across the stack.
You’re the right person for us if
- You are genuinely passionate about developing products that will positively impact over a million people and also our environment
- You love working in teams and collaboratively building features that impact customers
- You are motivated by owning products, from inception to continuous improvement
- You believe strongly in test driven development and continuous delivery
- You love building scalable, resilient solutions
- You seek learning opportunities to deepen your expertise or broaden your knowledge
- You have built or contributed to a variety of systems, ideally in different technologies
- Knowledge of the best engineering practices and continuous delivery
- You have experience building highly performant applications
OVO believes in fueling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all. We were set up to always find a better way and challenge the status quo.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds: the more inclusive we are the better our work will be. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.
Click here for an update from the Talent Acquisition team on how we are hiring during Covid19