Lime’s mission is to realise a future for transportation that is shared, electric and carbon-free. As the world’s leading provider of shared electric vehicles, Lime partners with cities to deploy electric bikes, scooters and mopeds to serve any trip under five miles. One of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential Companies in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership. Learn more at li.me
We are looking for a Software Engineering Contractor to build the core technology that powers our Financial Reporting System. This financial pipeline will be responsible for reporting monthly revenue that is generated at Lime. On this team, you will collaborate with various teams specialized in Finance, Accounting, Business Integrations, as well as several engineers, designers and PMs where you will learn best practices pertaining to Data Engineering and building scalable systems.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a complex financial reporting system used for monthly reporting
- Obtain a deep understanding around the complexities of processing payments internationally
- Help define the foundation for how payment service providers integrate with Lime
- Understand relationships between various sets of revenue streams
- Learn how to efficiently work with millions of records
- Become a master of SQL and Python!
- Track data that will allow us to better understand how we can improve our pipeline
- Collaborate with our talented team of designers, product managers, and operators
- At least 3 years of engineering experience under your belt
- Fluent in SQL & Python
- Understanding of Data Engineering best practices
- Bonus points for previous exposure to Finance and Accounting
What we offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in your hometown with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- A position that offers a variety of career and resume building experiences with the fastest growing startup of 2018
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world.
This role will be hired, managed, and compensated through a third-party employer. By submitting information through this posting, the applicant agrees Lime may forward all submitted information to the applicable third-party employer, and the third-party employer may contact the applicant regarding the role.