The world is in a waste crisis, currently we produce 2 billion tons of solid waste per year.
Unfortunately, 60% of that is controlled landfill and open dumps, of which only 14% is recycled. The consequence of this have both a major ecological and environmental impact.
Greyparrot is a UK tech company providing deep learning-based computer vision software for recycling and waste management. Our camera system and AI software are deployed in recycling plants and waste facilities to measure material flows and provide waste analytics.
We are also embedding our recognition capabilities with suppliers of next-gen smart bins and sorting robots to bring the rapidly growing $530 billion waste industry into the 21st century. Our vision is to create a world where waste is treated as a resource. It is monitored, captured and reused in the most effective way.
As a Software Engineer, you will join a technically and commercially strong team in developing and licensing world-leading artificial intelligence waste analytics platform.
Having successfully raised funding and won commercial deals with some of the best brands in our market, we are ready to grow from servicing a few customers to 100+ customers.
• Design and develop systems interfacing between edge AI servers and the cloud (AWS) using state of the art tools
• Collaborate with other team members
• B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 3+ years experience in developing commercial back-end systems on Linux-based environments
• Multithreading, IPC
• High-performance software design / development
• Databases (MySQL)
• (desirable) NVIDIA Jetson experience (Jetpack, hardware)
• Automated deployment, monitoring
• Containers (docker)
• Web services (REST)
• CI, CD
• Interest and Experience with deep learning (preferably PyTorch)
• Experience with image processing beneficial (OpenCV)
Right now, we’re still a small team, but we’re well funded and growing. As one of our early employees, you will have the opportunity to have a say in defining team culture and help shape a business at the forefront of the global environmental crisis.
• Competitive salary
• Strong equity
• Strong flexible-working
• Open to remote working
• 25 days holiday each year
• Paid sick leave for physical and mental health needs
• Unlimited fresh fruit, tea, coffee and healthy snacks provided
• Paid maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave
At Greyparrot we are 100% committed to building a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability – we want to hear from you.