Remote role, +- 5 hrs to GMT
What is this Sylvera you speak of? 👩👨
Sylvera is scaling carbon markets with software. Sylvera does this by applying advanced machine learning techniques to satellite data to quantify with unprecedented accuracy the amount of carbon stored in landscapes. We also provide a holistic picture of offset projects, providing people with the information they need to make informed decisions.
By providing transparency, Sylvera intends to underpin functioning voluntary carbon markets. This will allow the market to scale to keep the planet under 2C of warming, and unlock huge co-benefits for nature and society.
Sylvera is backed by world leading investors and is on a super steep trajectory over the next couple of years – we want incredible people that are as passionate as we are about the mission and want to build an amazing organisation with us to achieve it.
What’s my impact? 👩💻👨💻
- Helping prototype next generation approaches to natural carbon quantification
- Contribute to development of new machine learning architectures, models and analytics products using geospatial data
- Working alongside our academic partners who are leaders in the earth observation and natural carbon community to push forward the state of the art
What do I need? ❓
- Strong working knowledge of Python
- Demonstrated experience in building dynamic simulations such as climate models, physics/ode models, computational neuroscience, artificial chemistry or any other physically grounded time stepping model
- To be able to work both from first principles and from the literature
- Good foundations of software architecture, object-oriented design
- Capable of making informed decisions about choice of tools, models and approaches
- Version control (Git) and collaborative software development experience
- To care about the future of the planet – you want to solve climate change in the most high leverage way possible
Brownie Points 🍰
- Have worked with geospatial data, forest or soil data sets
- Science training in Physics/Biology/ Chemistry
- Experience with working with real world sensor data
- MSc or PhD level in relevant area
- Experience working in a commercial software development environment
Feel free to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. As long as you’re a quick learner, and are excited about changing the carbon markets for the better, we’re happy to support you as you come up to speed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Paid internship @fair junior engineer market salary
Paid access to global co-working spaces
Opportunity to convert to permanent role
You also get paid to save the world which is nice.
NO AGENCIES THANKS