At Phytoform Labs we believe in sustainable agriculture that feeds all of humanity and is healthy without harming the planet. We are building a technology pipeline leveraging machine learning to understand plant genetics and implementing these understandings quickly and efficiently using genome editing.
If you are interested in using your experience to impact one of the least sustainable industries in the world then you are right for our team! You will be one of a small early stage team who will have a huge impact on the company’s journey and direction. Phytoform Labs is uniquely built from a multi-disciplinary team of world class talent focused on bringing about a change in agriculture using crop genetics. We are based at the renowned Rothamsted Research Agriculture Science Centre, just outside London, UK.
You will be part of a computational team designing, testing and scaling machine learning models to understand fundamental rules in plant genetics. Your primary role will be to support the data scientists with model optimisation, scaling and deployment. Phytoform Labs currently has a range of PoC pipelines that work with model data sets. You will use your DevOPs/MLOPs skillsets to fully deploy these with the goal of automating and scaling for a wide range of plant species. The pipeline results will be taken on by our wetlab team and translated into our crops to develop better, more sustainable varieties.
- Optimise and scale generative deep learning algorithms using PyTorch and Python as our main codebase.
- Develop and deploy our pipeline onto the Cloud beyond our current on-prem infrastructure.
- Monitor the pipeline integrity as well as manage and administer its use by the members of the data science team.
- Closely collaborate with colleagues, with strong reliance on Git Version control.
- MRes in Computing, Engineering or related subjects
- Project experience optimising generative AI models (VAEs, GANs, Transformers)
- Skilled in scaling AI pipelines from on-prem prototyping to Cloud deployment (AWS or Google Cloud)
- 2+ years solid software development and DevOPs experience
- At least 3+ years of experience in Python development
- Testing experience across two or more levels: unit, integration, system and acceptance
- Docker / Kubernetes (e.g. for automated testing & CI/CD with Gitlab Pipelines)
- 3+ years experience in Linux , Linux terminal commands / Linux Shell Scripting Experience
- Able to communicate complex ideas across a multidisciplinary team
- Love plants as much as we do
You get extra points if you:
- Solved bioinformatic & DNA sequence challenges with deep learning and statistics
- Experience with Nvidia GPU Cloud containers for GPU-accelerated AI
- Have some CUDA programming experience (CuDnn library) & GPU accelerated AI research
- Worked in a start-up before
What we offer
- A competitive salary and an equity stake in the company as a member of the core team
- A passionate and energetic cross-disciplinary work environment.
- The chance to develop something that will make positive global impacts.
- A flexible working arrangement to mostly work remotely with core hours of 10am-4pm.
- Access to gym, tennis court and cycle to work scheme