To apply for this job please visit www.breeze-technologies.de.
WHO WE ARE
Every day we inhale and exhale around 20.000 times, while our air becomes more and more polluted. Air pollution kills more than 7 million people per year. Yet, we are missing crucial data to develop strategies how to curb emissions. We at Breeze Technologies fight every day to create more sustainable cities for a cleaner tomorrow.
Breeze Technologies is a technology leader in the field of air quality sensors, air quality data and clean air action analytics. We support cities, businesses and NGOs to monitor hyperlocal air quality and design more efficient clean air action plans with Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things.
Our startup develops its own hardware – our air quality sensors – and software – our Environmental Intelligence Cloud – at our headquarters in Hamburg, Germany. Both work in tandem to enable our customers to generate local air quality insights and create a healthier enviornment. Breeze was founded in 2015 and has since scaled to a customer base in 9 countries as well as international partnerships, for instance with Microsoft. Our work has received numerous international awards, including the “Hamburger Gründerpreis” (Hamburg Founders Award) and a commendation by the German Federal President.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Software Lead in Hamburg to start immediately. You will be in charge of leading the software development at Breeze Technologies and making architectural and technological decisions based on customer and partner needs, while also implementing new features yourself. You will in the beginning be supported by a team of working students and freelancers that will grow to include additional developers. You will also work closely with our technology partners, such as Microsoft’s partner success team, to continuously improve our cloud applications. You support the rest of the team at Breeze Technologies to improve and automate more parts of our solution, and report directly to the CEO.
Ideally, you are a full-stack developer with particular focus on backend development and data processing. You have 3+ years of full-time experience as a full-stack developer.
You are comfortable in business English. The command of the German language is a plus.
You will be working with our existing technology stack and continue to strategically extend it:
- Back end: NodeJS, Python (including Machine Learning with Jupyter Notebook)
- Front end: ReactJS, TypeScript
- Source control management: Bitbucket
- Databases: MySQL, MongoDB
- Cloud: Microsoft Azure (Serverless/Azure Functions, other components)
- Leading the software development at Breeze Technologies following agile methods
- Development and improvement of our applications and cloud infrastructure
- Working with the rest of our team to continuously extend the capabilities of our solution in the air quality monitoring and management space
- Collaboration with our technology partners on projects
YOUR SUCCESS AT BREEZE TECHNOLOGIES
- Within the first month you have familiarized yourself with Breeze Technologies’ cloud architecture and application landscape and have become productive in furthering our development activities
- Within the first 2 months you have developed and deployed your first major new product feature that supports our customers in better understanding the air quality in their environments
- Within the first quarter you have gotten to know our extensive technology partner network and are actively working with them to furthering our mission
- Within the first six months you have achieved major productivity gains for the whole team with new project and process support tools that you have designed around your learnings about our processes
- Within the first year you have onboarded additional developers and ensuring that we stay at the forefront of technological development in air quality monitoring and management
WHAT WE OFFER
- Take over technological responsibility for a suite of software products that have a measurable positive impact on our environment, people’s health and the planet
- Work on a great product in one of the most innovative startups in Hamburg
- Be part of a dynamic and tightly-knit team of 15 people where you can really see the effects of your contribution
- A flexible work schedule (currently with heavily encouraged remote work due to the ongoing pandemic)
- Opportunities to learn new skills and technologies through workshops, seminars and events
- Mentoring from senior experts from our technology partners