With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for nearly every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that’s been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As we near a public listing milestone that will broaden our market leadership and build on years of innovation, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Director, Software QA
What You Will Be Doing
As a Software QA Engineer, you will be a key member of the ChargePoint QA team responsible for ensuring high quality standards across our product suite. You will develop automation tests & maintain test infrastructure, with a goal of stability, reliability and clear reporting. You will work closely with the engineering and product teams to create test plans, identify components for automation, write and execute the test cases for ChargePoint Cloud & Mobile Apps. This position requires an individual who is a team player, an excellent communicator, creative, data driven and results oriented.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Develop and execute test cases, test scripts, test plans, and test scenarios for all applicable requirements
- Follow industry test automation standards, review the existing framework for adherence
- Plan automation testing in collaboration with QA, developers & product teams
- Develop new & maintain existing automation test frameworks for functional and performance testing
- Monitor and report software issues across multiple projects
- Work on the creation of test plans – including technical and business requirements
- Good knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong CS fundamentals
- 3+ years of experience in software development/testing
- Experience with Python and shell scripting to support CI (e.g. Jenkins) and test automation
- Basic knowledge of SQL and Linux
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail with a result-driven test approach
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently after initial guidance
Desirable, but not essential:
- Knowledge/Understanding of OCPI protocol and integration
- Experience in the field of e-mobility
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.