To apply for this job please visit res-group.csod.com.
Solar Data Analyst
We are searching for an experienced Solar Data Analyst at our Glasgow, Kings Langley, Exeter or Truro office.
What we offer you……
As a company, leading the way to ensure everyone has access to affordable low carbon energy, RES is proud of its diverse workforce and supports a healthy work-life balance. We offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell 5 days per annum, enhanced family leave and 4 volunteering days.
The Solar Data Analyst is an essential role within the Analysis and Optimisation Services (AOS) team focusing on providing essential, valued data insights for the Solar O&M and AM teams. You will monitor these assets for faults and performance, and identify causes of lost production to focus the plant maintenance activities to reduce lost production. The data analyst is also responsible for reporting plant performance to important partners. You will help embed standardisation across assets and continuous improvement to improve the efficiency and accuracy of analysis.
The responsibilities of the Solar Data Analyst include:
- Monitor operational solar farm performance in real-time and assist with subsequent troubleshooting and maintenance
- Use of solar monitoring system to assess communication issues, identify data loss and perform checks on data integrity
- Analyse operational data to verify actual plant output, availability and performance ratio, and identify reasons for variances vs budget and expected yield
- Combine operational data with engineering knowledge to identifying causes of performance variations, drawing on experience of other RES experts where necessary
- Create monthly O&M and AM reports of a high standard using reporting software
- Analyse historic solar farm data to find opportunities for performance improvement
- Analyse historic maintenance data to improve future maintenance strategies
- Build tools/systems to automate the reporting procedure
- Help implement monitoring systems for new sites
- Help with interactions with the CMMS system
- Support continuous improvement for the team
- Obtain feedback from company partners
- Help develop new data analysis tools
- Consider new technologies as the operational portfolio grows
- Basic knowledge of electrical drawings and electrical system concepts
- Technical knowledge of the principles of solar PV generation
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Data analysis – preferably accomplished with tools such as VBA, Python, R or Matlab
- Ability to work well within a team
- Communicate data derived insights to non-experts
- Proven ability to work to deadlines
- Data monitoring, ideally on solar PV farms
- Solve tough technical challenges with creative approaches
Experience in any of the following would also be advantageous:
- SCADA systems
- Manage, analyse, and visualise large datasets
Degree in a related discipline with a 1st or 2:1 result or equivalent. Qualifications with a focus on Electrical Engineering or Computer Science are preferable.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.