To apply for this job please visit res-group.csod.com.
We are searching for an experienced Solar Farm Electrical Technician – South Somerset, Wiltshire & Hampshire Region.
What we offer you……
As a company, leading the way to ensure everyone has access to affordable low carbon energy, RES is proud of its diverse workforce and supports a healthy work-life balance. We offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell 5 days per annum, enhanced family leave and 4 volunteering days.
The Solar Farm Electrical Technician is a site-based role performing Operation & Maintenance duties on utility-scale solar plants with outputs of 5 MW and above (25 acres and above).
The overall purpose of the role is to ensure the solar plants achieve outstanding levels of safety, quality and performance at a cost that meets operational budget, as part of an industry leading team of renewable energy specialists.
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified electrician with experience operating and maintaining MW-scale solar plants and/or DC/HV Experience.
You will need to be located near the operational plants and have a full driving licence. This is a permanent role and will require availability for weekend on-call duties.
A company vehicle, phone and laptop/tablet will be provided. An overtime system is in place. RES provides a comprehensive package of benefits including contributory pension, private health insurance and investment in role specific training.
RES pride ourselves on our in-house training programme and as such a full training programme is provided. Technicians who demonstrate an aptitude for career progression will be encouraged to broaden their experience to advanced levels such as an industry recognised HV Authorised Person (AP) or Senior Authorised Person (SAP). For team members who embody our values of Passion, Accountability, Collaboration and Excellence, the opportunities for growth are huge.
The responsibilities of the Solar Farm Electrical Technician include:
- Adherence to health and safety requirements always and helping to maintain and improve safety standards across the solar plants
- Achieve and maintain Authorised Person status commensurate with training received, experience gained and in-line with individual job role requirements
- Undertaking planned inspection and maintenance according to legal, technical, manufacturer and contractual requirements
- Inspection, testing and maintenance of PV modules, DC strings and inverters
- Undertaking AC and DC testing, troubleshooting and fault-finding
- Carry out reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and resolution in a timely manner
- Troubleshooting and repairs on sensors and communication equipment including RS485, Ethernet and fibre optic networks
- Configuration of computer-based devices and components, including firmware updates
- Occasionally assisting with ground maintenance or mechanical work
- Carrying out inductions for sub-contractors and supervising their work
- Keeping accurate maintenance records and compiling reports
- Keeping in close communication with the O&M office
- Occasionally working away from home for training courses or to cover other sites for up to 1 week at a time
- Induct and manage sub-contractors, ensure their safe working and undertake quality checks on their work
- Other duties commensurate with the role
- Knowledge of central inverters highly desirable
- Principles of High Voltage operations
- Strong technical understanding of AC, DC and communications networks
- Good knowledge and understanding of solar PV technology
- DC installation
- DC fault finding, testing and commissioning
- LV installation
- LV fault finding, testing and commissioning
- Experience of working remotely without close supervision
- Solar PV installation experience (MW-scale or large commercial ground-mount)
- Experience installing or maintaining ethernet and fibre optic communications
- Experience working with SCADA or data monitoring systems
- Central inverter experience
- High Voltage experience
Skills & Attributes
- Strong approach to safe working practices
- Excellent communication skills, fluent written and spoken English
- Attention to detail
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to respond to changing priorities and emergent issues
- Enthusiasm for personal development
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Computer skills for writing reports, reporting progress and communicating by email
- Passion, Accountability, Collaboration, Excellence
- Full UK driving licence
- Fully qualified Electrician
- Inspection and testing qualifications (C&G 2391 or 2394/5) highly valued
- First aid qualifications
- Health & Safety qualifications (e.g. IOSH, SSSTS, CSCS)
- Advanced electrical qualifications
- Central inverter training qualifications
- High Voltage qualifications and authorisations
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Please mention For Purpose Jobs in your application