To apply for this job please visit res-group.csod.com.
We are searching for an experienced Solar O&M Manager in the Nottingham, Swindon or Southampton areas.
What we offer you……
As a company, leading the way to ensure everyone has access to affordable low carbon energy, RES is proud of its diverse workforce and supports a healthy work-life balance. We offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell 5 days per annum, enhanced family leave and 4 volunteering days.
The overall purpose of this role is to ensure contractual and statutory compliance for a portfolio of Solar O&M contracts, in accordance with company safety, quality and environmental systems. The key objectives are to maximise the production from client assets, increase maintenance efficiency and achieve a high level of safety performance.
The ideal candidate will be an electrical engineer with experience planning maintenance on MW-scale solar plants. Strong candidates will have the opportunity to work towards Authorised Person (AP) or Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status.
This is a permanent role and will require availability for some weekend on-call duties. Although primarily office based, regular travel to operational sites will also be required. A company vehicle allowance, phone and laptop/tablet will be provided.
The responsibilities of the Solar O&M Delivery Manager include:
- Delivering the Solar O&M service to meet the client contractual requirements
- Producing O&M plans in accordance with contract, manufacturer’s requirements and good industry practice
- Identifying maintenance requirements, scheduling resources, safely managing work control and reporting on completed work
- Writing and reviewing RAMS, permits and maintenance procedures
- Day-to-day management of a team of solar PV technicians, ensuring adherence to safety requirements at all time
- Stock management and procurement of materials
- Managing supplier relationships and equipment warranties
- Liaising with external stakeholders such as DNO and landowners
- Reacting to emergencies, site outages and changing circumstances
- Determining common causes of lost production and identifying performance improvement opportunities
- Analysis of maintenance KPIs and implementing strategies to improve these
- Single point of contact for Client for the RES O&M service, and providing updates to clients and information for contractual reporting
- P&L responsibilities for the sub-portfolio under management
- Ensuring client invoicing and supplier payment is carried out correctly
- Playing a key part in adopting new sites into the maintenance systems
- Using and maintaining a Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and other quality management tools as necessary
- Achieve and maintain Authorised Person status commensurate with training received, experience gained and in-line with individual job role requirements
- Other duties commensurate with the role
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.