To apply for this job please visit res-group.csod.com.
We are searching for an experienced Solar O&M Project Coordinator to work primarily based at home and in our Exeter office, with occasional travel to operational sites and RES national offices.
Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We’re the world’s largest independent renewable energy company. We’re driven by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our ambitions would be impossible without our people. Because we’re tackling some of the world’s toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They’re our most important asset so that’s why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they’re at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes a real impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell five days per annum, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make an impact somewhere else.
The purpose of the Solar O&M Project Coordinator role is to assist the Projects team with the daily running of ongoing projects, following company safety, quality and environmental systems. The important goals are to help maximise the efficiency of the Projects team and to ensure repeat business from our existing and third-party client base. whilst achieving a high level of safety performance.
You will be from a coordination or administration background with some experience of operational maintenance procedures and project coordination. A high level of organisation and computer literacy is required to be successful in this role. This is a permanent role which is primarily home and office based near Exeter, with occasional travel to operational sites and RES national offices.
The Project Coordinator will focus on supporting the Solar O&M Projects team and the O&M department, to provide the service in a safe, compliant, professional, and cost-effective manner.
The responsibilities of the Solar O&M Project Coordinator include:
- Work with the Project team to help coordinate projects allowing budgets and program milestones to be met.
- Help with the creation and development of quality management system document templates and maintain these.
- Help create project schedules including materials estimates and workforce needs to be submitted to management
- Help administer the project files.
- Support with procurement and delivery of goods.
- Support with skip/plant hire and waste disposal needs.
- Help with the implementation and maintenance of a Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) and other quality management tools.
- Help with client invoicing for chargeable items accurately and promptly.
- Provide administrative support for the Project team, including booking travel & accommodation.
- Help organise team meetings and team events.
- Achieve and maintain Authorised Person status determined by training received, experience gained and in line with individual job role requirements
- Contribute to Thrive cost-saving and other company initiatives.
- Any other responsibilities, as required by the business.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems
- Knowledge of the solar industry
- Knowledge of project management systems and tools
- Excellent attention to details
- Understanding of project management concepts
- Highly organised
- High level of computer literacy
- Can cope with a fast-changing environment
- Excellent customer service
- Experience working within the solar or the renewables sector
- Experience managing sub-contractors
- Experience in an Operations-based role
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent documentation management skills
- Excellent coordination skills
- Problem solving
- Strong approach to safe working practices
- Excellent communication skills, fluent written and spoken English
- Attention to detail
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to respond to changing priorities and emergent issues
- Enthusiasm for personal development
- A diplomatic approach to people when dealing with conflicting priorities
- Driven and focused
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above or equivalent
- Full UK driving licence
- First aid qualifications
- Health & Safety qualifications (e.g. IOSH, NEBOSH, SMSTS)
- Project management qualifications
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.