To apply for this job please visit res-group.csod.com.
Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We’re the world’s largest independent renewable energy company. We’re driven by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our ambitions would be impossible without our people. Because we’re tackling some of the world’s toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They’re our most important asset so that’s why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they’re at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes a real impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell five days per annum, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make an impact somewhere else.
RES are proud of our reputation as leaders in renewable energy and for demonstrating that a zero carbon future is possible, affordable and desirable. The SMART (Site Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Tools) team plays an essential part of this by providing bespoke software solutions across the global wind, solar and energy storage Support Services business. Reporting to the SMART Product Manager the Solar Performance Product Manager will:
- Manage the budget and delivery of Solar Performance and Energy Storage Performance software products
- Manage the solar and energy storage software product team
- Define product strategy
The Solar Performance Product Manager’s role will include:
- Leading a software team to establish new solar performance analytics and reporting products based on existing RES in-house software.
- Ownership of the Product Management Plan, defining how the Product will be run on a day-to-day basis.
- Creation and annual updates of the 5-year Product Strategy in response to changing market dynamics, stakeholder/user requirements and technology landscape.
- Working closely with a broad range of colleagues and subject matter experts to define the development roadmap of in-house analytics and reporting tools.
- Line Management of a team of internal software developers and application support specialists who deliver and maintain the product. Management of external software consultants used to enhance internal resources.
- Seek feedback from internal users and external clients to ensure the continuous refinement of the product.
- Present on a quarterly board to an internal product board (steering committee) of senior business leaders.
- Agile software development
- Renewable Energy (solar and battery energy storage)
- Technical performance analysis of operating solar and energy storage assets
- Requirements gathering and business analysis
- Software product ownership
- Project & product management
- Ability to integrate with an existing international team
- Ability to discuss and specify data transformations and numerical algorithms
- MS Office
- Cloud development (in particular Azure)
- APIs/Web services
- Communication & presentation skills
- Line management
- Experience working in an agile software team
- Stakeholder management of a global stakeholder base
Degree level qualification in Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent level of professional experience
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.