To apply for this job please visit res-group.csod.com.
We are searching for an experienced Solar Project Electrical Technician based at the following locations:
What we offer you……
As a company, leading the way to ensure everyone has access to affordable low carbon energy, RES is proud of its diverse workforce and supports a healthy work-life balance. We offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell 5 days per annum, enhanced family leave and 4 volunteering days.
The Solar O&M Project Technician is a site-based role within the UK&I solar O&M team, carrying out high quality installations, upgrades, repairs and maintenance duties on utility-scale solar plants with outputs above 5 MWp. The overall purpose of the role is to ensure that the solar plants achieve outstanding levels of safety, quality and performance at a cost that meets operational budget, as part of an industry leading team of renewable energy specialists.
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified electrician with experience upgrading, repairing and maintaining MW-scale solar plants and/or industrial and commercial DC and HV competence.
You will need to be located near to the operational plants and have a full driving licence. This is a permanent role and will require availability for weekend on-call duties as part of a rota. An overtime system is in place.
A company vehicle, smart phone and laptop/tablet will be provided. RES provides a comprehensive package of benefits including contributory pension, private health insurance and investment in role specific training.
RES is proud to provide a full in-house training programme. Technicians who demonstrate an attitude and aptitude for career progression will be encouraged to broaden their experience to advanced levels such as an industry recognised HV Authorised Person (AP) or Senior Authorised Person (SAP). For team members who embody our values of Passion, Accountability, Collaboration and Excellence, the opportunities for growth are huge.
- The responsibilities of the Solar Farm Project Technician include:
- Adherence to health and safety requirements always and helping to maintain and improve safety standards across the solar plants
- Achieve and maintain Authorised Person status commensurate with training received, experience gained and in-line with individual job role requirements
- Ensure all project work is undertaken or procured from subcontractors in accordance with RES processes and procedures
- Undertake project work according to legal, technical, manufacturer and contractual requirements and good practise
- Manage sub-contractors to ensure their safe working and undertake quality checks on their work
- Carry out reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and resolution in a timely manner
- Inspection, testing and maintenance of PV modules, DC string combiner boxes and string inverters
- Keeping accurate commissioning and maintenance records and compiling reports
- Keeping in close communication with the O&M office
- Working away from home including staying overnight
Other duties commensurate with the role
- Knowledge of central inverters highly desirable
- Principles of High Voltage operations
- Strong technical understanding of AC, DC and communications networks
- Good knowledge and understanding of solar PV technology
- DC installation
- DC fault finding, testing and commissioning
- LV installation
- LV fault finding, testing and commissioning
- Comms installation
- Comms fault finding and commissioning
- Experience of working remotely without close supervision
- Solar PV installation experience (MW-scale or large commercial ground-mount)
- Experience installing or maintaining ethernet and fibre optic communications
- Experience working with SCADA or data monitoring systems
- Central inverter experience
- High Voltage experience
Skills & Attributes
- Strong approach to safe working practices
- Excellent communication skills, fluent written and spoken English
- Attention to detail
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to respond to changing priorities and emergent issues
- Enthusiasm for personal development
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Computer skills for writing reports, reporting progress and communicating by email
- Passion, Accountability, Collaboration, Excellence
- Full UK driving licence
- Fully qualified Electrician
- Inspection and testing qualifications (C&G 2391 or 2394/5) highly valued
- First aid qualifications
- Health & Safety qualifications (e.g. IOSH, SSSTS, CSCS)
- Advanced electrical qualifications
- Central inverter training qualifications
- High Voltage qualifications and authorisations
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.