Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We’re on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Everyone at Octopus Energy is super passionate about attracting amazing talent to join us on our exciting journey. Maintaining an excellent candidate experience throughout the entire recruitment journey is key for us.
As we continue to scale across the UK and globally, you’ll have a key role in ensuring we are maintaining the best candidate experience from screening applications and how we attract candidates who want to join us on our mission to tackle climate change.
To support our incredible growth we need your help to build world class teams. Your role will be to work with the different teams and recruiters, ensuring the talent pipeline for non tech roles is being progressed and supporting candidates through the initial recruitment phases.
What you’ll do
- Partner closely with teams and Senior Recruiters to understand role requirements
- Proactively source for key roles using our tools we have access too and any other creative ways of searching you come up with
- Ensure the best candidate experience whilst working with multi roles at the same time
- Screen CVs and applications – assessing candidates to determine and generate a shortlist for the recruiters to progress with, based on specific role requirements
- Track pipeline activity via our ATS, Lever, and share data with the team
- Help improve our efficiency across roles using data from Lever
- Look at different ways to build diverse talent pipelines that support with your sourcing campaigns
- Advertise and maintain job adverts across different advertising platforms
- Ad hoc administrative support for example, scheduling interviews, following up with candidate contracts, candidate feedback, making sure job postings are up to date and accurate etc.
What you’ll need
- A passion for delivering a world class candidate experience
- Previous experience in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience screening and assessing candidates across a variety of roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you should be able to build strong relationships
- To be comfortable with building relationships over the phone with candidates
- Be highly organised – have strong time management and prioritising skills, good attention to detail, able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, and able to deliver to tight deadlines
- To be comfortable working with some ambiguity; enjoy mucking in and wearing multiple hats
- To be a strong team player
Why else you’ll love it here
- Our company culture – we won best company to work for in 2019 and our CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment – genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation – we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme – you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture – have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks – we call it Family Dinner
- Social Events – we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
- Parents – get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown we created OctoKids TV to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
- Your development is important – we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
- SmartPension Scheme – employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
- Cycle to Work Scheme – to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your health
If this opportunity sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
More about us
Octopus Energy Group is an energy tech company. We use technology to make green electrons cheap and revolutionise customer experiences.
Octopus Energy already supplies over 2 million homes with cheap green power in the UK, with operations in Germany, Australia and the USA, and launches planned for Japan and New Zealand. By the time you’ve applied, this list may be longer.
As well as all that, Octopus Energy for Business supplies green energy to over 20,000 companies, Octopus Electric Vehicles helps make clean transport cheaper and easier, Octopus Energy Services brings smart products into thousands of homes, and Octopus Centre for Net Zero is a multi-disciplinary research organisation helping Governments and industry reach net zero sooner.
Octopus Energy Group’s tech arm, Kraken Technologies, enables our innovation. They have created our API driven in-house technology platform, built from the ground up around the customer. It powers the outstanding service, efficiency and smart products we’re using to accelerate the world’s transition to a decentralised, decarbonised energy system.
The Kraken tech platform has been licensed to support over 17 million accounts worldwide, through deals with Good Energy,E.ON, Hanwha and Origin Energy – we’ve raised over £500 million to continue on our mission globally.
We also proudly enjoy a 5-star TrustPilot ranking from our customers. We were named the Company that’s done the most in the past year to advance UK renewables at the REA Awards 2019, and most recently, our proudest award, that of Best Company to Work For.
At Octopus, we’re looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.