SOLVING THE PROBLEM OF FOOD WASTE
OLIO is the world’s only neighbour-to-neighbour food sharing app, and our mission is to solve the problem of food waste in the home & local community. We do this by connecting anyone with spare food – which can be households or food businesses – with neighbours living nearby who would like it. Globally, over one third of all the food we produce gets thrown away, which is worth over $1 trillion each year. OLIO solves this with our award-winning mobile & web app.
Over the past 5 years OLIO has grown from a local initiative in North London to a global movement. We now have over 2 million users who have together shared well over 5 million portions of food – with food being successfully shared in 54 countries and counting. Underpinning this incredible growth has been our volunteer programme, with over 45,000 people reaching out to spread the word about OLIO in their local community and rescue unsold food.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
In order to accelerate OLIO to its next level in growth and impact, we are recruiting for an Intern to support the OLIO Spanish communities over 8 to 16 weeks. You will report into the Spanish Community lead.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the Spanish Community Lead by:
• Translating assets from English to Spanish
• Generating partnerships with sustainable projects in order to:
▪ Grow our social media channels
▪ Grow our affiliate database for a new section of the app
OLIO is a remote-first company and our culture allows us to work together efficiently, effectively, momentary autonomously whilst still feeling connected with your colleagues, especially during times of physical distancing due to Covid-19.
PS. We live for our mission, but like to have fun along the way!
IS THIS YOU?
Our ideal candidate will first and foremost be as passionate about our mission as we are!
We are only able to consider applications made in compliance with one of the following circumstances:
• Students working as a required part of a UK-based further or higher education course
• Participants in government schemes or programmes to provide training, work experience or temporary work, or to help in seeking or obtaining work
• Participants in private secondment schemes/ grad schemes who are being paid for their time by a private company/organisation
• Participants in EU Lifelong Learning Programmes (Leonardo da Vinci, European Community Youth in Action, Erasmus or Comenius)
In addition to this, you will have the following experience and skills:
We are looking for someone who is/has:
• Bi-lingual Spanish/English
• Able to take initiative
• Great communication skills
• Great attention to detail
• Great interpersonal skills
• Has resources to solve problems creatively
• Seeking to support a mission driven startup
And all OLIO team members share these attributes:
• Self-starters with a ‘can-do’ attitude
• Resourceful and creative
• Thorough, but able to move quickly and decisively
• A ruthless ability to prioritise
• Excellent communication skills
• Diverse (18 nationalities, 21% LGBTQ+, early 20s to 50+)
• Fun to work with ☺
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and covering email explaining why you are the right person for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line – Application: Spanish Intern.