Lime’s mission is to realize a future for transportation that is shared, electric and carbon-free. As the world’s leading provider of shared electric vehicles, Lime partners with cities to deploy electric bikes, scooters and mopeds to serve any trip under five miles. One of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential Companies in 2021, Lime has powered more than 200 million rides in more than 150 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership. Learn more at li.me
The Staff Battery Engineer will be a key team member in an aggressive R&D organization, producing next generation batteries for high energy and high power applications. This role will be responsible for the battery systems engineering aspects of the development including requirement development and management, system architecture, and other relevant systems engineering activities such as DFMEA and Validation support.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, development, validation and analysis of battery cell components, assemblies, specifications and the full suite of Phase Gate Process
- Selection, characterization, and validation of battery cell materials and components, (active materials, additives, electrodes, separators, electrolytes, etc.)
- Responsible for battery system architecture
- Familiar with LFP, LMO, and NMC battery cells, familiar with the current offering from major suppliers, and current industry trend and roadmaps
- Draft Battery Product Requirements by collecting internal, regulatory and legal requirements
- The POC of documentation development
- CAN communication descriptions
- Support development of validation plan, familiar with the testing methodologies for both cell level and pack level, hands on experience in testing methods, equipment, data analysis are preferred
- Be able to do DFMEA: boundary diagrams, battery system/subsystem DFMEA
- Plan, develop and execute
- Design of Experiments for fabrication and testing of batteries
- Familiar with working with major cell and pack manufacturers, from development to mass production
- Understand the schematic of the BMS
- Effectively communicate results to broader teams in the US and abroad.
- M.S. in Electrical or Controls Engineering or equivalent (BS acceptable with sufficient experience)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in electric vehicle programs
- Understanding of electrical/electronic control systems with CAN communication
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills – position requires strong interaction in multi-functional team environment particularly in high-pressure situations
- Must be a self-starter who takes the initiative to find solutions to technical challenges
- Must demonstrate knowledge of and proficiency with creative problem solving methods.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world.