With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for nearly every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that’s been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As we near a public listing milestone that will broaden our market leadership and build on years of innovation, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Director, Embedded Software Engineering
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is looking for an outstanding engineer interested in applying a broad skill-set toward building cutting-edge software for a next generation vehicle charging platform. You will architect, design, implement, and test new systems in a rapidly evolving problem-space.
You will be seeding the team that builds out the architecture, design and implementation of a diagnostics system that will apply to manufacturing and field diagnostic systems, and additionally working on prognostics for regular quality checks for the hardware.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Work on platform software including Linux BSP, board bring-up, Linux kernel, diagnostics, and communication interfaces including CAN, RS-232/485, I2C, SPI, Modbus, and PPP
- Opportunities to become involved in UI and UX design and machine learning
- Wireless networking, including LTE, Wi-Fi, and BLE
- Collaborate cross-functionally and globally with hardware and cloud engineering teams to define specifications, features, and APIs
- Participate in design and code reviews, as well as mentor other members of the team
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in developing embedded system products using C/C++
- Expert-level C/C++ coding in a Linux environment is a requirement
- Experience with Linux BSP platform including custom board bring up, U-Boot, kernel, device drivers, file systems (ext4, UBIFS, JFFS2), sound system (ALSA), Camera, and system software
- Experience with ARM based MCU development in C/C++ on real-time OS
- Experience in asynchronous event driven architecture and developing scalable and latency-optimized distributed application services in mesh network
- Proficient with buildroot, GCC, toolchain, Make, CMake, git, gdb
- Exposure in connectivity architecture using Wireless (Cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC), and wired (Ethernet) interfaces a plus
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to make critical system-level design decisions and drive projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.