To apply for this job please visit www.climatebonds.net.
Job Title: Standards Intern – SDG Screening
Location: London – Working from home currently required due to COVID-19 until further notice. Preferably European time zone or similar
Reporting to: Head of Standards
Closing Date: 7 September 2020
Hours: 40 Hours, 8 weeks
We are seeking an intern to work as part of the Standards team and undertake initial scoping for the future development of screening criteria to ensure robust and practical standards for sustainability finance. It will provide the successful candidate with a valuable opportunity to learn more about the role of finance in delivering sustainability and gain experience in this exciting organisation.
The purpose of the work is to undertake high level research and discussions with key players to assess the existing landscape of assessment frameworks and tools for investments contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and how these can be utilised in the green and social bond and loan markets. This is part of a bigger programme that Climate Bonds Initiative is undertaking to expand its existing highly regarded climate criteria for Green Bonds into other realms of sustainability as captured in the Sustainable Development Goals.
Undertake high level research online and key stakeholder interviews to
- Identify and map existing initiatives and frameworks for identifying and assessing investments that make a substantial contribution to one or more of the SDGs
- Identify and map existing initiatives and frameworks for establishing a ‘minimum safeguard’ performance levels for SDG related investments
- Work with CBI’s Market Intelligence team and country teams and undertake analysis to evaluate the focus areas for investor demand in SDG related investments.
- A summary of existing frameworks that might be leveraged for the green and social bonds and loans markets, with an identification of their potential use and limitations
- A roadmap for the future development of a ‘Sustainability Taxonomy’, identifying priority focus areas for the Climate Bonds Initiative and partners we can work with to this end
- A ‘think piece’ on the topic to be published on Climate Bonds Initiative’s website
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have an education in a related field (environment, finance etc) and be keenly interested in taking action to increase investment that is needed to achieve the SDGs.
We are seeking a motivated, organised individual with initiative and ideally some previous working experience, as well as:
- HNC or degree in environmental or finance related discipline
- An interest in the SDGs beyond climate and the role finance plays
- Ability to manage, coordinate and prioritise projects
- Enthusiastic, motivated, organised
- Excellent English writing and oral skills