Job Title: Standards Intern – Taxonomy Toolkit
Location: London – Working from home currently required due to COVID-19 until further notice. Preferably European time zone or similar
Reporting to: Head of Standards
Closing Date: 7 September 2020
Hours: 40 Hours, 8 weeks
We are seeking an intern to work as part of the Standards team and undertake initial scoping for the future development of a ‘Taxonomy Toolkit’ to aid the development and harmonisation of Climate and Sustainability Taxonomies worldwide.
In the last few years, many governments and regulators worldwide have begun developing ‘Taxonomies’ which set minimum climate/ green/ social performance levels for those using climate/ green/ social labels in the financial markets. Climate Bonds Initiative was one of the very first organisations to develop such a Taxonomy and has been extensively involved in the development of a number of other emerging taxonomies. As Taxonomies proliferate, we are committed to supporting their development and harmonisation.
It will provide the successful candidate with a valuable opportunity to learn more about the role of finance in delivering sustainability and gain experience in this exciting organisation.
The purpose of the work is to undertake the initial scoping for a ‘Taxonomy Toolkit’ of key materials and lessons learned to assist the variety of stakeholders involved in taxonomy development globally. It will involve undertaking research and stakeholder engagement within and outside of Climate Bonds Initiative.
- Undertake high level research online on
- Existing taxonomies globally – in terms of their content and development process
- Who else has produced or is producing materials or services that could guide or support taxonomy development
· Work with CBI’s Standards and country teams and undertake external stakeholder engagement as needed to understand the taxonomy development process, key players that might be involved, and the nature of support/ guidance/ tools and materials they would benefit from.
- A paper providing a high level overview of targeted existing taxonomies globally, capturing the key principles underpinning them, their scope, and process of development, and materials already available to support or guide taxonomy development.
- Recommendations for key components of a ‘Taxonomy Toolkit’ that Climate Bonds Initiative might develop to support current and future taxonomy developments globally
- A ‘think piece’ on the topic for publication on Climate Bonds Initiative’s website
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have an education in a related field (environment, finance etc) and be keenly interested in taking action to increase investment that is needed to achieve the Paris Agreement.
We are seeking a motivated, organised individual with initiative and ideally some previous working experience.
· HNC or degree in environmental or finance related discipline
· Ability to manage, coordinate and prioritise projects
· Enthusiastic, motivated, organised
· Excellent English writing and oral skills