At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
- Perform requirements elicitation by analysing customer and legal requirements.
- Manage requirements through project’s lifecycle and ensure clear communication to all relevant stakeholders.
- Decompose requirements from the system level to the element level, ensuring clear structure and full traceability.
- Identify and capture requirements verification criteria. Ensure clear and complete traceability with requirements, test cases, DFMEA.
- Define and manage steering system architecture aligning with functional and technical safety requirements.
- Conduct steering system analysis using state-of-the-art techniques and methodologies.
- Generate System Design & Analysis documentation.
- Conduct steering system and its elements functional concept analysis.
- Define steering system parameter diagram and its noise mitigation.
- Assist in Failure Mode and Effect Analysis development.
- Correlate steering system work with Functional Safety analysis and make sure development is following the process.
- Monitor and document electrical and communication interfaces (internal and external).
- Identify, analyse and maintain system interfaces (energy, material, information, physical).
- Create and maintain calculation and simulation templates.
- Develop steering system and its core elements models assisting in performance parameters identification based on vehicle parameters.
- Assist in system level test specifications and DVP development
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with designers to implement those fixes
- Degree in Automotive or Systems Engineering (MEng, MSc, PhD).
- 3 or more years of industry experience in steering systems engineering role.
- An analytically directed mindset, systematic problem solving.
- Strong knowledge systems engineering principles, frameworks, methodologies (MBSE, SysML, etc.)
- Good knowledge of DFMEA practice.
- Good knowledge of Mathworks tools (Matlab Simulink, System Composer), VBA, Python, etc.
- Understanding engineering disciplines, such as mechanical, electrical and software engineering
- Managing efficient information flow between projects and responsible teams.
- Understanding complex system development methods (e.g. ASPICE)
- Good knowledge of steering system testing practices.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.