It matters what the most committed people choose to do with their lives.
SYSTEMIQ is building a place where mission driven individuals & teams can collaborate and co-create better systems for our future. This is our calling. We focus on the real-world outcomes that matter, not office hours or status.
SYSTEMIQ orchestrates system change in clean energy, circular material solutions and sustainable land use. This means re-imagining our industries, re-configuring the world of energy, and regenerating the ecosystems around us. By addressing systemic failures in these areas, SYSTEMIQ aims to unlock economic opportunities that benefit business, society, and the environment.
Since our start in 2016, we have grown to more than 200 people working across locations in Brazil, Germany, Indonesia, the Netherlands, and the UK.
Our work includes:
- Developing a Marshall Plan for the global ocean on behalf of 14 heads of state,
- Co-leading the Circular Economy Initiative for Germany (CEID), jointly with Acatech, the German National Academy of Science and Engineering,
- Developing a “System Change Compass” to help guide the EU’s Green Deal and COVID Recovery Package,
- Accelerating the growth of the world’s largest portfolio of regenerative tropical forest businesses through our Impact Accelerator, including our work with Partnership for Forests,
- Managing the Energy Transitions Commission in aiming to accelerate transitions to zero carbon energy systems,
- Building and scaling Indonesia’s most important frontline solution for stopping plastic pollution entering our precious oceans through Project STOP,
- Working with prominent global corporates and SMEs to turn into pioneers of system change in their respective industries
The kind of work you will do
As a Systems Change Leader/Consultant at SYSTEMIQ, you will work within one of our projects or programmes, e.g., to:
- Co-create approaches with our partners/clients to overcome the perceived trade-offs between economic viability, ecosystem regeneration, and social inclusion and wellbeing,
- Bring data together in a consistent way and perform analyses based on agreed questions for insights,
- Develop long-lasting and collaborative relationships with project partners and stakeholders,
- Provide strategic insights and develop practical solutions for successful transformations
- Support these partners in monitoring, evaluating and communicating their business model, vision and impact.
The Mindset, Skills & Experience we are looking for
Ideal candidates will have demonstrated contribution to change and impact, e.g., in thought leadership/research, project management, client relations, or stakeholder management. You have a strong record in professional excellence, and/or relevant academic achievements, and/or demonstrable curiosity and understanding of systems change.
You have proven yourself in different contexts and are keen to work in a young, entrepreneurial company where you can get involved in a variety of work, shape the business, and make maximum impact. You are inspired by SYSTEMIQ’s mission and approach to system change.
Specifically, you ideally come with a combination of the following mindset, skills, and experience:
- Evidenced passion for SYSTEMIQ’s mission and the sustainability / environment / social enterprise space,
- 2+ years of experience in a professional system change environment (thought leadership/research, start-ups, advisory/consulting, strategy, project management, investment,), preferably in an international environment,
- Understanding of key concepts and contexts within the topic area of environment, industry, energy, manufacturing, or agriculture/land use,
- Master’s degree or equivalent,
- Intellectual curiosity and an interest to quickly dive into new topics,
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills,
- Skills and experience of relationship management on a senior level,
- Collaborative team player and can-do attitude,
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to identify opportunities and new initiatives and to turn them into reality.
- Resilience under stress and resourcefulness to deliver, and
- Alignment with SYSTEMIQ’s values (creativity, challenge, collaborate, change, care).
We are keen to receive applications from all parts of the community.
Please send your application via our website. Any questions on the application process please feel free to email Amber Windley at firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have the Right to Work in the location for the position you are applying for – SYSTEMIQ usually cannot provide sponsorship.