At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
- Perform implicit structural simulations: stiffness, strength, modal, vibration, NVH, fatigue and optimisation analyses
- Build and assemble finite element models for structural analyses
- Carry out structural design reviews with internal and external partners
- Sanity checking work using hand calculations and first principles
- Work closely with colleagues in the RED-CAT team sharing knowledge and experience acquired across all Arrival products
- Lead work packages outsourced to external providers
- Review, update and maintain best practice simulation guidelines for internal and external users
- Provide simulation guidance to Design Engineers
- Collaborate with the Rapid Engineering Design (RED) team to assist with the automation of processes and workflows
- Report status and escalate conflicts to the Lead Structural Engineer
- 1st Class Masters degree or PhD in Engineering, Maths, Physics, or equivalent scientific subject
- Excellent team-worker, who is proactive and has a “startup” attitude
- Experience creating finite element models and executing structural simulations
- Experience using Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Product Life-cycle Management (PLM) systems
- Experience in automation, scripting and programming, preferably in Python
- Track record demonstrating creativity and ingenuity
To apply to this role please do so by the 18th January 12pm.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.