Arcola Energy is one of the fastest growing hydrogen technology companies in the UK, working with some of the most progressive local authorities, fleet operators and OEMs to meet their zero-emission targets. Arcola has more than 10 years of experience in delivering solutions that address the deployment gap between rapidly evolving low-carbon technologies and production-ready solutions.
Position: Reports to: Location:
Supplier Quality Engineer
Head of Supply Chain
Dundee – the job holder will support programmes in Scotland, England and Europe as well as other international opportunities.
You will be lead supplier quality engineer for Arcola’s engineering function, from concept through to production components – of fuel cell and battery systems for automotive, off-highway, and stationary applications.
The team’s activities include detailed design, release, and integration of hydrogen fuel cell and electric powertrain components and subsystems. This includes battery systems (from modules to whole packs), structural framing, pipework and harness routing, heating and cooling systems. Reporting to the head of supply chain, the supplier quality engineer will be responsible for working with the supply chain to ensure that all these meet the highest standards of quality.
- ● Process development for Arcola’s quality management system and product development model
- ● Ensuring robust cascade of special characteristics from design specification to supplier and manufacturing
PFMEA and control plan
- ● Working with supplier to ensure quality of incoming components and resolving quality concerns
- ● Inspection of incoming material, managing reporting of non-conformance and supplier return
- ● Supporting purchasing to assess potential suppliers for capability
- ● Working with Arcola manufacturing team to resolve build issues using 8D, DMAIC or similar tools
- ● Work with engineering delivery teams to set appropriate specifications and tolerances for components
- ● Ensuring components meet codes, standards and regulations.
- ● Supporting other Arcola Energy activities where required
- ● The position is based from MSIP in Dundee with frequent site visits to Arcola facilities in the UK and
customer sites/test facilities as required.
Experience and competencies:
- ● Degree in engineering or other related discipline
- ● Experience of supply chain management and building successful relationships
- ● Significant experience of production methods and tooling (machined, fabricated and cast components)
and final assembly build including PFMEAs and control plan development
- ● Knowledge and experience of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and PPAP
- ● Experience in interpreting engineering drawings including application of GD&T and knowledge of BS8888
- ● Understanding of general automotive design practices/methods and regulations
- ● Good knowledge of production methods and tooling
- ● Good knowledge of gauging and inspection methods, including Measurement Systems Analysis and Gauge R&R
- ● Desirable: Knowledge and experience of failure mode avoidance processes including DFMEAs throughout the product engineering lifecycle, from concept to production
- ● Desirable: Understanding of electrical systems (batteries, electric machines, inverters, etc)
- ● Desirable: Experience in six-sigma, Shainin or similar methodologies
- ● Desirable: Experience in ISO 9001
- ● Willingness to work cross-functionally in the Arcola team
What you’ll receive in return:
- ● Competitive salary, based on experience
- ● Support towards CEng accreditation and your membership fees paid for IET/IMechE
- ● Flexible work arrangements
- ● An opportunity to directly impact projects – from concept through to production
- ● Free tickets to the Arcola Theatre (subject to availability), and Arcola staff discount on food and drink in
Arcola Energy is a privately owned company and offers a truly independent view of one of the fastest growing industries that will lead the road to zero emissions. Our independence also allows us to focus on what we believe in – products which make a positive contribution to society, delivered with total commitment to quality, safety and compliance.
We deliver solutions that significantly improve environmental performance compared to incumbent technologies, contributing to the development of cleaner, greener, more secure, more democratic energy and transport systems, enabling healthier living for everyone.
Arcola Energy is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future team, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org