The Snapshot – As we’ve been growing at c.500% YoY(!) we need to grow our Operations team to be able to keep up with rising demand. We’re looking for someone who can bring experience to the team, help shape the function as we grow, and crucially ensure every product we sell is top quality.
THIS has taken circa £10m in VC and crowdfunding to date, and with an NPD pipeline that’s fit to burst, we’ll be working with a growing range of partners in the coming years, we need someone who can bring order to complex systems, onboarding new partners and products quickly and make sure we get the fundamentals set-up right now to enable continued growth.
You’ll be joining a dedicated and close-knit team who are constantly learning, solving problems as they arise and focused on creating systems across the business today that will form the rock-solid foundation to ensure when someone reaches for one of our products, it’s just where it’s supposed to be.
What is THIS?
THIS is a high-growth, VC-backed start-up producing plant-based food. Meat-alternatives, to be exact. In fact if we’re being reallllly exact – our products are at the leading-edge of the plant-based sector in terms of taste, texture and appearance. Here’s our insta, for a quick stalk – https://www.instagram.com/this.uk
It’s worth mentioning that since our launch in June 2019, the company has experienced extremely significant growth in revenue – around 35% compound every month we’ve been trading.
Why are we doing THIS?
We’re Andy and Pete – co-founders of THIS. Our last job entailed selling tonnes (literally tonnes) of meat. Then we felt bad. Also, we felt like meat-alternatives weren’t realllllly for people who love the taste of meat. We felt like they were for people who like sandals and socks. So we’ve basically ended up making THIS for ourselves, but we’d love other meat-lovers to munch it too. THIS is a game-changer.
At our core, we believe:
- Stereotypes around plant-based food need to be bulldozed
- Guilt-trips don’t make people hungry
- Plant-based food should mean zero-compromise
What will you be doing?
- This is a unique opportunity to join a collaborative and focussed team, working together to make sure every element of our supply chain is working as it should and we’re doing a fantastic job for our customers.
- Implementing and enhancing our Supply Chain Logistics – anticipating and forecasting customer needs and then working directly with our suppliers to make sure everything arrives in the right place, at the right time! Not everything is sourced in the UK so we have to deal with customs from time to time.
- Inbound stock control – Helping ensure the systems and procedures we have in place are working properly to always be aware of our available goods across all our ingredients and locations to identify and resolve any shortages before they’re ever an issue.
- Forming strong relationships with co-manufacturing partners.
- Packaging management.
- Working with the Finance team to ensure invoices for stock items are processed and entered into our inventory management system.
- This role sits within the Supply team which is responsible for forecasting total company demand and making sure this arrives at all final fulfilment centres.
What are we looking for?
- Preferably 1+ years of experience in Supply Chain or Logistics
- Strong problem-solving skills and high numerical aptitude
- A methodical thinker with high attention to detail
- Ideally, a person who’s worked in a high-growth company and has experienced all of the associated growing pains and wins
- Someone with management experience
- A HUSTLER. This person will need to be reactive, efficient, and able to build relationships quickly with our manufacturing partners
- Positive attitude, proactivity and a tenacious character: things in our business can change very quickly, so being comfortable reacting quickly to unexpected opportunities and challenges is super important too!
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally, we’re still a relatively small team and believe that strong collaboration will take us further than working in silos
- Honesty & integrity – a conviction in your work to improve your small patch of the world for yourself and for others
- Team player: we’re colleagues but also mates (unless we’re playing table tennis)
As a start-up, everyone who joins us needs to be ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out tasks away from their core focus because – they just need to get done. That could be helping to prepare samples for a customer meeting, trying new products and giving tasting notes, packing cold bags into boxes or a lot of other random stuff that comes up. They’re not always the most glamorous jobs, but from the founders down, the whole team gets involved!
From our side
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential.
- We are offering share-options in our company to everyone who joins us at this early stage
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank-holidays – we care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge.
- Flexible working hours – We’re not a 9-5. No-one will tap their watch if you prefer to start late and finish late because you like to go to the gym before work. Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep strict working hours.
- We really care about our team’s wellbeing so we give everyone a wellness allowance every year to spend on things that will improve their wellness like gym memberships, fitness classes, counselling, physio, meditation apps and more.
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first, honesty, curiosity and leadership.
The chance to have a meaningful impact
As a small, albeit growing, team you’ll be exposed to – and have the chance to contribute towards – challenges and projects at all levels and in all areas of the business. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of the experience or seniority of who came up with it.
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with a cover letter and your CV.