To apply for this job please visit res-group.csod.com.
We are searching for an experienced Support Services Platform Product Manager at our Kings Langley Office or any of our other UK based offices.
What we offer you……
As a company, leading the way to ensure everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy, RES is proud of its diverse workforce and supports a healthy work-life balance. We offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell 5 days per annum, enhanced family leave and 4 volunteering days.
RES are proud of our reputation as leaders in renewable energy and for demonstrating that a zero carbon future is possible, affordable and desirable. The Support Services Platform team will play an essential part of this by integrating all the services required to manage renewable energy assets into a unified digital platform. Reporting directly to the group Technical director the Platform product manager will:
- Work with a large global user base which is both internal and external.
- Define product strategy
- Manage the budget and delivering the product.
- Manage the Platform product team.
The Support Services Platform Product Manager will:
- Work initially as a Project Manager to establish a new software Platform with a userbase of internal and external users. This will include delegated accountability for the project budget. The project manager will establish:
- A five-year product strategy developed in close collaboration with internal stakeholders and external clients. The strategy should determine a two-year project scope to establish the initial platform
- A Project Management Plan following the Technical Software Project Management Framework. This document will determine how the project will be run on a day basis.
- After the delivery of the initial platform, seamlessly transition to a role of Product Manager accountable for the Business As Usual Operation of the Support Services Platform and its further evolution. This will include:
- Ownership of the Product Management Plan, defining how the Product will be run on a day-to-day basis.
- Annual reviews/updates of the 5-year Product Strategy in response to changing market dynamics, stakeholder/user requirements and technology landscape.
- Work closely with a broad range of other Product Managers, system owners and stakeholders (including Support Services delivery staff as well as relevant enterprise architecture and security policy owners) to ensure effective integration of the full suite of applications and services required to manage operational renewable energy assets into the platform.
- Work closely with the platform users and other partners to support the commercialisation of the platform
- Line Management of a team of internal software developers and application support specialists who deliver and maintain the Platform. Management of external software consultants used to enhance internal resources.
- Seek feedback from internal users and external clients to ensure the continuous refinement of the Platform.
- Seek third party partner organisations whose services can be integrated into the Platform.
- Present on a quarterly board to an internal product board (steering committee) of senior business leaders.
- Agile software development
- Renewable Energy (wind, solar, storage and transmission/distribution)
- Commercial awareness
- Requirements gathering and business analysis.
- Platform business models & digital service development
- Software product ownership
- Project & product management
- MS Office
- Cloud development (in particular Azure)
- APIs/Web services
- Python programming
- Communication & presentation skills
- Line management
- Experience working in an agile software team
- Stakeholder management of a large global stakeholder base
- Client facing and business development experience
Degree level qualification in Physics, Mathematics, Engineering Science, Computer Science, Economics or related discipline or equivalent level of professional experience
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.