At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
To help us realize all of the above, we are establishing operations at our Design HQ in Kensington, London and we’re in need of an experienced SME to form a core part of our Engineering team. The responsibilities of an SME is to drive the technology roadmap of a single commodity, integrating the latest materials, finishes and manufacturing processes to deliver truly unique and class-leading products. The methods through which we design and develop are also very important to us. For this reason, we seek a candidate driven by a streamlined development lifecycle, de-risking the project while delivering a low CapEx product, specific to the application with world-beating attribute.
To be successful as a Suspension SME, you should have prior chassis design and setup experience and should have delivered a number of projects from initial concept through to production. You should be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver; ultimately, you should demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with a wide range of engineers, and a have a solid understanding of what is required in order to deliver a vehicle programme.
- Lead the engineering concept, design, and development of the Suspension system and deliver vehicle systems along with allocated resource from within the squad formation.
- Work in partnership with the vehicle architecture, product development, CAE, design execution, and manufacturing teams to challenge and define system requirements.
- Responsible for the delivery and launch of the complete Suspension Systems and subsystems ensuring to achieve strict cost and weight targets.
- Work alongside incumbent and new suppliers to ensure the suspension attributes are class-leading, value-for-money and push the boundaries of your commodity.
- Challenge the status quo; look to alternative sectors for influence and develop new innovative, IP rich concepts within your field.
- Generate system DFMEAs & DVPs to ensure strong product design & quality.
- A Bachelor’s Engineering degree (Masters of Engineering is desirable) with a strong preference towards Mechanical, Automotive or Aeronautical is required.
- 7+ years of progressive engineering experience, with a minimum of 5 years experience with respect to the field/speciality being applied for.
- Previous working experience in automotive design or equivalent industry and developing human-centred and agile processes and methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of vehicle architecture, systems, development and delivery.
- Capable with an array of simulation, CAD and management tools. Siemens NX is Arrival’s chosen CAD software and all engineers are expected to be capable users, whether for design, interrogation or analysis.
- Broader functional experience (design for manufacturing, R&D, Commercial/Customer Interaction) and knowledge is a plus.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.