The ABB FIA Formula E Championship is the world’s first fully-electric international single-seater racing series and one of the fastest growing sports on the planet. Consisting of some of the world’s finest drivers and greatest car manufacturers, the Championship brings close-combat, wheel-to-wheel racing to the streets of the most progressive cities.
Formula E is more than just a race. With a grid made up of all-electric cars, it’s a competitive platform to test and develop road-relevant technologies, helping to refine the design of electric vehicles while promoting the uptake of clean mobility to tackle air pollution on a global scale.
Working with us
At Formula E, we have created an environment that supports our colleagues to perform at their best. We are innovative, curious and we love the world we live in which is why we value sustainability. We believe that work should be fun and, whilst we are passionate about delivery, we are one team and supporting each other is key to our success.
With a vision to accelerate sustainable human process through the power of electric racing, we are looking for an experienced Sustainability Manage to help drive our ambitions on Leadership and Innovation, Environmental Excellence, Social Progress and Creating Value through Values. We are a unique combination of Racing and Reason, with the department of ever-growing importance within Formula E, we need an experienced Sustainability Manager to join our team.
Reporting to the Sustainability Director, your key areas of responsibility will cover:
- Leadership and Innovation through the adoption and maintenance of international standards such as ISO 20121 and FIA Environmental Accreditation.
- Environmental Excellence through Lifecycle Assessment data collection, Net Zero Carbon and our SBTi.
- Creating Value Through Values supporting internal departments to help embed sustainability further into the organisation, being the point of contact for all internal queries and deputising the Director when needed.
What you will be doing
- You will be in a team of three and managing the Sustainability Coordinator, supporting them with driving forward the Social Sustainability/Community Engagement/Communications and Marketing side of sustainability (also working closely with the Sustainability Communications and Insights Manager). You will also both work on continuing to align Formula E with the UN SDGs internally and improving the communications of this.
- You will be the main point of contact for sustainability internally and will support many departments in achieving their own sustainability goals and objectives to further embed sustainability into the organisation, including (but not limited to) Venue Operations, Health & Safety, Procurement, Hospitality, Branding, Logistics and Merchandise and Licensing. You will also be the Sustainability Director’s Deputy and will cover her in any external meetings she cannot attend e.g. Teams, Partners.
- You will be the environmental excellence champion within Formula E, managing the process for certifications/compliance/ranking such as FIA Environmental Accreditation, EcoVadis, SECR, ESOS and others.
- You will be heavily involved in the further development of the ISO 20121 Management System including documentation, internal auditing and will be interviewed related to sections owned by you (e.g. Monitoring and Measuring Impacts).
- You will be the Race Lead for 30% of races per season overall (split between the other two team members) and will manage the environmental operations of 100% on site with support from Health & Safety.
- You will be the Lifecycle Assessment data collection lead for the Races, Teams and Suppliers, continuing to improve the data collection processes each season and add in additional categories to make more robust our data. You will also be the lead for our Net Zero Carbon Strategy and supporting the development of our SBTi.
- You will be the Account Manager for our Technical Consultants Quantis and our UNEP collaboration.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the Event Specifications and associated Trackers are kept up to date and refreshed each season to ensure we are continually improving on our processes.
What we’re looking for and what you will need
- Studies and/or a diploma in an environmental/sustainability or similar topic
- 3-5 years experience in the sustainability/environment sector
- A real passion for sustainability
- Previous Management System Experience (e.g. ISO 20121, ISO 14001)
- Technical/analytical/data collection experience
- Project management/operational environmental experience
- Native or bi-lingual English speaker with other languages very highly appreciated
- Confident communication and presentation skills
- Strong emotional intelligence skills
- Organised and process driven
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you haven’t heard back from us within two weeks, on this occasion you haven’t been successful, but don’t be discouraged. If you want to join Formula E as we race for better futures, keep an eye out for more opportunities that closely match your skills and experience.
PLEASE NOTE: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs. Formula E is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a unique opportunity, a competitive salary and an environment that inspires innovation and supports professionals to perform at their best in their chosen fields.