To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.
Job Title: Sustainable Debt Data Analyst
Reporting to: Head of Data Analysis and Services
Location: Working remotely until further notice.
Closing Date: 19th July 2021
Starting Date ASAP
Hours: 40 hours/week
Salary: NGO Competitive
About the Climate Bonds Initiative
Climate Bonds Initiative is an investor-focused NGO working to mobilise the $100 trillion global bond market for climate change solutions. We promote investment in projects and assets necessary for a rapid transition to a low carbon and climate resilient economy.
Our main work streams are green bond standards and certification, data and market analysis, policy and market development, communications and advocacy.
Climate Bonds is a fast growing, dynamic NGO driven by a big mission. You will be working within an organisation that is leading the development of innovative international climate finance solutions.
The Market Intelligence team is at the core of the Climate Bonds Initiative mission to mobilise global capital for climate action. The team operates globally, maintaining several green and sustainable finance databases, undertaking research and publishing reports of a range of topics related to sustainable finance. It also contributes market-related information and analysis to policy, market development and other Climate Bonds projects.
The ideal candidate will contribute to the Green, Social and Sustainability (GSS) debt analysis. His/her work will be at the forefront of sustainable finance and provide investors, issuers, policymakers and other key stakeholders with key analysis and insights on leveraging capital markets in solving the climate crisis and building resilient economies and societies.
We are looking for a candidate who is self-motivated and enthusiastic about green finance, with a can-do attitude and ability to take initiative and think independently to work with the team to conduct analysis and deliver high-quality data services to our partners.
- To conduct Green, Social and Sustianability (GSS) debt data analysis and issuers assessment as required for reports and data products.
- To support the management of the databases, e.g. by contributing to data automation and quality controls.
- To help implement improvements in GSS debt analysis methodology and processes for relevant projects.
- To liaise with Climate Bonds Initiaive’s internal and external stakeholders on relevant projects and data enquiries.
- To task manage interns, where applicable.
- To support the work of the co-Heads of the Market Intelligence team on other relevant tasks and projects as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced university degree in relevant subjects
- Knowledge in financial market development and financial instruments.
- Proven ability to research and analyse large quantities of information across different datasets.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Skills in using financial terminals such as Bloomberg or Refinitiv
- Modelling skills in MS Excel and/or Python.
- Experience in working with a team with a multi-cultural background and across time zones.
- Experience in fixed-income product structuring, rating, or investing.
- Experience in working with investors and/or regulators.
- CFA, or working towards the CFA designation.
25 days holiday