To apply for this job please visit cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it.
SYSTEMIQ is a different kind of company. Our purpose is to catalyse good disruptions in critical economic systems to accelerate global climate action and meet the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for people and planet.
We focus on nature (especially forests and oceans and their impact on food systems), the energy transition and the circular economy. We believe that disruptions in these systems are not only vital to the future of humanity and our planet, they also create immense opportunities for the investors and businesses that drive them.
So far, most efforts to deliver the SDGs and climate targets under the Paris Agreement have been incremental. We need to transform economic systems much faster to hit those targets and stop the degradation of natural resources. Mainstreaming sustainable finance will be a critical part of this journey to shift capital out of destructive / extractive sectors and into low-carbon, inclusive and resilient systems.
SYSTEMIQ connects the right people, ideas, technologies, and capital to transform economic systems. We do this through five core activities:
- Convene coalitions of leaders to shape and amplify communication of policies and business strategies that will rapidly transform economic activity
- Advise companies that will pioneer and drive change towards more sustainable systems and supply chains
- Co-create and incubate market solutions to build regenerative economic systems
- Invest our own venture capital and expertise in opportunities with the biggest potential to drive rapid system change
- Mobilise larger pools of capital into regenerative economic systems to achieve scale and replicate successes
We recruit and develop distinctive and varied individuals who strive to achieve our mission across all our core activities. SYSTEMIQ recruits will challenge the status quo and act as system change leaders.
We are looking for associates to join SYSTEMIQ’s sustainable finance team, working closely with one of our flagship coalitions, the Blended Finance Taskforce and supporting our growing advisory and investments practice in London and Brazil.
You will have experience at a financial institution (e.g. in asset management, private equity, banking, venture capital or impact investment) or in financial advisory with a strong understanding of the trends and developments in ESG, sustainable and climate finance. We are also interested in applicants with a public / development finance background.
You will have a passion for working with leaders across the financial system as one of the most important drivers of transformative change in the real economy. You will have a vision for how sustainable finance can help build a more resilient, net-zero economy for people and planet by mitigating climate risk and developing innovative partnerships between public and private capital. You will bring strategic “big picture” thinking to global challenges, but be detail-oriented and understand how financial instruments can be used to drive real change at a local level.
You will be working on advisory projects to deliver breakthrough insights, action and results for leading investors, corporates and policy makers. You will help design and structure innovative financial solutions to tackle some of the world’s greatest challenges. You will help direct innovative philanthropic capital and support ground-breaking new ventures as they create new solutions to shift capital into low-carbon, nature-positive opportunities. And you will help the team research and communicate with policymakers about how to green the financial system.
You will have advanced problem-solving, analytical and research skills with exceptional stakeholder engagement and communication. Consulting and project management experience is welcomed but not essential. You will be keen to work in a small, driven team with access to world-leading networks where you can play a shaping role and make an impact.
- Masters or equivalent degree – Finance/Commerce/International development especially welcome
- 3+ years experience at a financial institution, in financial advisory/consulting or in development finance
- Strong understanding of ESG and sustainable finance trends and opportunities, including regulatory environment and new financial instruments
- Ideally worked with development finance institutions, donors or philanthropy
- Ideally exposure to one or more of the energy, industry, manufacturing, commodities or agricultural clients/sectors
- Creative problem-solving and analytical skills, exceptional research skills
- Demonstrated strategic relationship management and stakeholder engagement skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Collaborative team player
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to identify opportunities and new initiatives and turn them into reality
- Shared mission to use the financial system to accelerate the shift to a more circular, clean and regenerative, nature-positive, resource-productive and inclusive economic model of production and consumption
- Evidenced passion for the sustainability/ environment/ social enterprise space
- Natural alignment with SYSTEMIQ values; Creativity, Challenge, Collaborate, Change and Care
You must have the Right to Work in the UK.
We are looking for an associate to join SYSTEMIQ’s growing sustainable finance team for our workstream focused on investing in “Food, Land Use and Nature”. You would work closely with two of our flagship coalitions: the Blended Finance Taskforce and the Food and Land Use Coalition.