Sustainalytics has been a leading independent provider of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research for the last 25 years. Our insights are used by clients to make better informed investment decisions, engage with companies in relation to their business activities and drive change.
Sustainalytics is a growing organization with 800 employees and 17 offices globally. We have a flexible and supportive working culture and empower our employees to progress and develop quickly in an entrepreneurial environment.
For more information, visit www.sustainalytics.com
Under COVID-19 circumstances, all Sustainalytics employees are now working from home. More than ever, ESG factors are critical to building a more ethical and sustainable global economy. Our teams need passionate colleagues to join us in delivering quality research products to our clients worldwide.
Our recruitment and selection process is continuing via phone or video meetings. New team members are onboarded and start their first day with the company from the safety of their homes.
We rely on virtual team meetings and management practices, as well as a remote buddy program, to support a smooth integration in our virtual offices.
This is an exciting opportunity for a salesperson to lead the commercial development for Sustainalytics in sales of Second Party Opinions and related services to EMEA based corporates. This role involves interacting with the leading banks offering solutions to their corporate clients around sustainable finance.
In this role you will do business development, prospect, and turn qualified opportunities into sales to EMEA’s leading companies.
You will also gain profile within the ESG market through speaking opportunities, networking, and engagement in market development. The ideal candidate has interest and experience in both financial services and sustainability. Ideally the candidate has a first banking experience, exposure to sustainable finance structuring is a clear plus.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to and implement SFS business development strategy, specifically focussed on growing and strengthening our relationships with key banking partners
- Act as a trusted advisor to banking partners as well as corporate sustainability, treasurer, c-suite and investor relations stakeholders, to market Sustainalytics’ various ESG solutions;
- Help to support, grow and maintain a robust sales pipeline;
- Support other sales team members in a team-based selling setting;
- Respond to requests for proposals;
- Join industry events, conferences, and networking groups;
- Build, maintain and extend professional networks;
- Further develop ESG and Sustainable Finance industry knowledge.
- Identify potential product opportunities and liaise internally with product owners
The ideal candidate will be a genuine team player who can reach objectives individually, as well as through close collaboration and coordination with other team members, based on Sustainalytics’ relationship-focused consultative sales philosophy. The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Alignment with Sustainalytics’ mission, vision and values;
- Experience in the banking or finance fields, with a demonstrated interest in ESG
- 2 to 5 years related work experience;
- Sales/front-line experience highly desired;
- Commercial mindset, innovative and entrepreneurial, with a keen interest in sales;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills;
- Adaptability to a fast pace work environment
- English fluency required; any additional major European languages an asset: German, French, Swedish preferred
- A related degree (finance, business) desired
APPLICATION & INTERVIEW PROCESS
In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage people from diverse groups to apply. Sustainalytics is committed to providing accommodations for individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Sustainalytics thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants requested to participate in the interview process will be contacted.