SYSTEMIQ is a different kind of company. Our purpose is to catalyse good disruptions in critical economic systems. These disruptions are not only vital to the future of humanity and our planet, they also open up immense opportunities for the businesses that drive them. The UN Global Goals and the Paris Agreement have set the targets we must reach to protect the earth and make sure everyone in the growing global population has a chance to prosper. But, so far, most change has been incremental. We need to transform economic systems much faster to hit the targets and stop the degradation of natural resources.
SYSTEMIQ connects the right people, ideas, technologies, and capital to transform economic systems. We do this through four main activities:
- Convene and support coalitions of leaders to shape policies and business strategies that will rapidly transform economic activity
- Co-create and incubate the market solutions most likely to build regenerative economic systems
- Advise companies and financial institutions that will pioneer and drive change towards more sustainable systems
- Invest our own venture capital and expertise in opportunities with the biggest potential to drive rapid system change
We focus on clean energy, circular material solutions and sustainable land use. We believe that disruptions in these systems are not only vital to the future of humanity and our planet, they also create immense opportunities for the investors and businesses that drive them.
So far, most efforts to deliver the SDGs and climate targets under the Paris Agreement have been incremental. We need to transform economic systems much faster to hit those targets and stop the degradation of natural resources. Mainstreaming sustainable finance is a critical part of this journey to shift capital out of destructive / extractive sectors and into low-carbon, inclusive and resilient systems.
At SYSTEMIQ we recruit and develop distinctive and varied individuals who strive to achieve our mission, challenge the status quo and act as system change leaders.
You will have leadership experience from the financial industry, coupled with experience in management/ financial consulting with a strong understanding of the trends and developments across ESG, sustainable and climate finance.
You will primarily be working on advisory projects to deliver breakthrough insights, action and results for leading investors, corporates and policy makers. You will support financial institutions to develop their strategies in a rapidly changing environment – working with them to identify investment opportunities across new technologies and business models that can shift capital towards a low-carbon, nature-positive economic system.
You will have a passion for working with leaders across the financial system as one of the most important drivers of transformative change in the real economy. You will have a vision for how sustainable finance can help build a more resilient, net-zero economy for people and planet by mitigating climate risk. You will bring strategic “big picture” thinking to global challenges, but be detail-oriented and understand how financial instruments, regulations and tools can help shift large-scale capital.
You will help design and structure innovative financial solutions to tackle some of the world’s greatest challenges. You will help drive research and communication with policymakers on how to green the financial system, working closely with our flagship coalitions such as the Blended Finance Taskforce.
SYSTEMIQ is looking for individuals with a strong record of excellence and achievement. You have proven that in different contexts and are keen to work in a young, entrepreneurial company where you can get involved in a variety of work, shape the business and make maximum impact. You are passionate about SYSTEMIQ’s mission and approach to system change.
We are looking for candidates that have:
· Leadership experience from the finance industry
· Advisory experience from a top management/financial consulting firm
· In-depth knowledge of methodology, data and regulatory developments across the ESG, sustainable and climate finance space
- Shared mission to use the financial system to accelerate the shift to a more circular, clean and regenerative nature-positive, resource-productive and inclusive economy
- Experience as manager, leading teams on both content and process with a strong commitment to coaching and developing people, with an empowering leadership style
- Highly advanced problem-solving and analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, with a focus on strategic challenges
- Relationship management skills, with experience of working in various cultural contexts to build collaboration between senior level individuals and large groups of stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to identify opportunities and new initiatives and turn them into reality
- Natural alignment with SYSTEMIQ values; Creativity, Challenge, Collaborate, Change and Care
We are keen to receive applications from all parts of the community.
Please send your application & cover letter via our website . Any questions on the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must have Right to Work in the UK/the EU.