We are a rapidly growing sustainable office furniture company creating beautiful offices at 80% less environmental impact and half the cost of furniture made from virgin resources.
We are looking for a commercially astute Sustainable Solutions Advisor to help educate our target audiences about the circular economy, provide sustainability advice for office fitout projects and manage relationships with sustainability-minded clients.
About the Company:
Rype Office is a leader in the Circular Economy and is rapidly disrupting the office furniture sector. Our ambition is to become a global furniture and office design company, creating a positive impact on the world.
To-date we have
▪ Saved over 1 million kgCO2e of greenhouse gas emissions
▪ Avoided 400 tonnes of furniture going to waste
▪ Provided over 7,000 hours of work for local long-term unemployed people with disabilities
For more information about Rype Office please visit our website: www.rypeoffice.com
We are after a full time Sustainable Solutions Advisor, with a passion for and knowledge of sustainability, to help clients to incorporate our circular economy furniture in their projects. This is a business development role.
You will learn about the Circular Economy in detail and how to successfully market sustainable products. Our rapid growth means that there should be career development and promotion opportunities for high performing staff.
We are looking for someone who is:
- ▪ Purpose-driven, with a desire to make an impact environmentally
- ▪ Well organised, able to multi-task using a structured approach to delivering on every
- ▪ Well-spoken with good written English
- ▪ Comfortable reaching out to fresh potential partner organisations and building lasting
Specific responsibilities include:
- ▪ Representing the business as an advocate for sustainability
- ▪ Educating potential clients and partners on environmental and social benefits of the Circular Economy. This includes one-to-one meetings as well as seminars and other methods of addressing large receptive audiences
- ▪ New business development and account management
- ▪ Working with our Designers to respond to client briefings, contribute to and review
proposals and pricing
- ▪ Identifying marketing collaboration opportunities with partners and clients
- ▪ Organising events
- ▪ Customer relationship management administration and reporting
- ▪ Collecting and reporting on materials sustainability information
- ▪ Staying abreast of news about your target clients and partners
- ▪ Writing content for our newsletter and social media
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
- ▪ A Master’s degree in sustainability, and or completed an On Purpose programme focussed on sustainability OR have the equivalent commercial experience working in a sustainability role
- ▪ Commercial experience discussing sustainability solutions on-on-one and presenting to large groups
- ▪ Effective communication (oral, written and presentation) skills
- ▪ Sound commercial judgement
- ▪ Strong attention to detail
- ▪ Experience identifying and implementing collaborative marketing opportunities with clients and partners
- ▪ Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- ▪ Strong administration skills
- ▪ Self-motivated
- ▪ Good teamwork skills
- ▪ Eligible to work in the UK Desirable (but not essential):
▪ Sustainability consulting experience
▪ Experience in the building construction, fitout or furniture sectors ▪ UK driving licence
▪ Fluency in French, Dutch or German
This role is based in our office in West London, however, much of this role can be done working from home and meeting with clients at their offices. We expect that you will work from the office for two days per week.
Your salary will be competitive and depend on experience and your package will include share options.
Send your application, comprising a CV and a cover letter highlighting your relevant commercial and suitability for the role, to Kate McKee at firstname.lastname@example.org.