To apply for this job please visit www.tokamakenergy.co.uk.
The successful candidate will join the Control Systems Group, a small but growing team of engineers responsible for developing the systems necessary to control and manage Tokamak Energy Fusion devices as they expand in power and complexity over the next decade and beyond.
S/he will form part of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals developing control systems and software in a quality framework. The systems engineer will work closely with colleagues within the Control Systems Group and wider members of the team to develop the methodology and processes required to implement a quality framework.
- Development of a framework to implement quality standards required to follow best practice for the design and implementation of control systems for fusion devices.
- Development and maintenance of System Diagrams, Control System Requirements and the cross referencing of these documents.
- Performing Hazard and Risk Assessments and Failure Mode Effects Analysis tasks to assist in the improving the functional safety of fusion devices.
- Use and development of tools and processes to automate and facilitate working to quality standards.
- Liaising closely with tools vendors to facilitate the development of internal tools/processes.
- Working within a team whilst collaborating closely with members of other teams.
Hazard-specific / Safety-critical duties
This job includes the following hazards or safety-critical activities which will require successful pre-employment health screening through our Occupational Health Service before the successful candidate will be allowed to start work:
- Driving on Company business
- Travel outside of Europe or North America on company business
A good degree in a technical subject (Maths, Physics, Engineering or similar) will be required for this role.
- Good demonstrable experience of Requirements Management tools
- Experience of using Systems Modelling languages such as UML, SysML.
- Familiarity with Systems modelling tools such as IBM Rhapsody or Enterprise Architect.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Desirable selection criteria
- A further degree (MSc, PhD)
- Knowledge and experience of Quality Standards (ISO 26262, IEC 61508, DO 178)
- Familiarity with Version Control systems (GIT, SVN)
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of Opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent